Detroit needs robocop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit needs robocop

Slightly old (though I only heard about it recently), can't see it anywhere on here...

Apparently the mayor of Detroit was asking what the public thought the city could do to help it move forward. Someone decided to send a humourous twitter suggesting the city needs a statue of Robocop. Mayor responds that no, they won't be doing that.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and an internet campaign has raised over $50,000 (including $25,000 from the owner of omniconsumerproducts.com), and had several offers of land to house the statue, and it looks like one will be built.

Been following this with interest, it will become my own personal Mecca.

Comment

"Dead or alive, you're honouring me"

Comment

hahaha, this is so sad yet so great. Just goes to show what a popular charater Robocop was.

Comment

15 seconds to comply. That was ****ing scary...I do have the right film? Its been a while.

Comment

right film, but you've short-changed yourself by 5 seconds.

ED-209 terrified me as a kid, but the stop motion looks pretty ropey now. Better than rubbish CGI...

Comment

It frightened me loads at the time, I was just a kid when I watched it originally.

Used to play the 'coin-op' as they were once known at my local swimming baths.

Swin, Robocop then salty chips. Amazing days.

Comment

I was ready to "Fund that for a dollar!" but they don't take Paypal.

I really want some of my money to go into this, can anyone help me out?

Comment

I can understand why the City of Detroit wouldn't want to pay for a robocop statue.

The city wasn't exactly potrayed in the best of lights in the films.

Comment

Working...
                  X