Worth the effort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth the effort?

I'm in a pretty lame situation. One of the RAM chips for my new PC seems to be busted. I've still got one functioning, so the PC is fully operational. The RAM came delivered this way, so it's almost definitely a warranty thing. Ordered it online, and if I want a new one, I have to contact the dealer, go to the post office, pay 5 quids to have it sent, wait a week or three, return to the post office and finally install it in my computer again. It seems like a lot of effort for something that only cost me 40 pounds. I'm actually considering just ordering and paying for a new one. That way I will get it almost instantly, and can pick it up on a "pick up point" on my way from work. But I don't want to do that either, as I feel as I am entitled to the original RAM chip that I purchased. So I know if I ordered a new one, I would feel kinda annoyed for some time.

Anybody else sometimes experience situations where it's clear what might be the "right" thing to do, yet not seeming like it's worth the effort?

Can you not live with it for a couple of weeks? If it came broken then they should replace it and not make you pay postage.

Comment

Working...
    X