I have some shares to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some shares to sell

As the title says, just wondering if anyone with experience could potentially stop me throwing money away, I was given a Natwest broker brochure which said they'll take 1% of any transaction, sounds reasonable to me, anyway I've never dealt with them before and didn't want to jump in if i've missed some vital t&c's which usually apply that could cost me more than that

I used Natwest for share trading years ago and they were ok. After that I had a share trading account with my bank which was much more flexible and cheaper. Only problem with that is you have to send the certificates into them first to get them credited to your account. Not ideal if you are in a hurry to sell.

Comment

Need them selling by the end of next month at the latest, when you actually phone and confirm you want to sell, is it 'locked' at the price when the instruction is received? It's just they're higher now than they have been for about a month so plan on giving them a call tomorrow.
      Also, something i've just noticed and there's an answer I'm dreading, I was just having a look at the share certificate and there's a bit on it that says "this is to certify that the undermentioned is the holder of Ordinary Shares of 5p each fully paid in [company name] subject to the constitution of the Company" Does that mean they're only worth 5p regardless of the companys current value on the market (currently 50p), because I'm about to be bitterly dissapointed if that's the case! Wish the stockbrokers number I have was 24/7 now as this will play on my mind till tomorrow when I can ring them.

Comment

Sony ones?

Comment

Thankfully no haha!

Comment

Working...
          X