Electric shaver recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric shaver recommendations.

Mine has had it, ripping my face up like a rusty Freddie kreuger glove. Not looking to spend any more than ?50 if I can help it but may splash for man quality.

Tell us what model you use and if there are any to avoid.

Cheers.

Do you use foil or philishave? Would you change? Foil is good if you shave every day. Philishave is good if you leave it a bit longer.

I use a cheapish rechargeable 3 rotor philishave. Boots often have them on offer in store. Don't worry about all the cleaning nonsense on the expensive ones. I've never cleaned mine - just bang the hair out and back in the bag.

Comment

I've got a Phillips HQ8253. Took some getting used to as previously I used to wet shave, but now I find it does a very good job. Not quite as close as I'd like, but I put that down to the fact I don't have super thick beard hair, so it has a job coping

Paid ?65 for back at Xmas from Boots - it was in their sale though and down from ?150. Well worth checking places like that for offers - they let you reserve and collect locally too!

Comment

I might look into one, wet shaving is an absolute ballache and no matter what I do I always get a rash. I want trendy george michael faith stubble all the time.

Buy Philips HQ7390/17 F1 Men's Electric Shaver and other Philips Men's Electric Shavers at great prices at Shavers.co.uk

hmm

last time I got an electric shaver for christmas, maybe 6yrs ago, it was bloody rubbish, I would have more luck with a cat licking my face. it literally did nothing. I imagine the more expensive ones might be better.
        Last edited by kernow; 03-05-2011, 18:50.

Comment

I use a philishave style, I tend to let it grow for the week then chop it, still not totally close, I need some stubble to mask my ageing and many chins. I'll get down boots have a look, currently I'm using a bog standard Phillips philishave had a good 3 years use from it.

Hotukdeals is always a good stop, this one is cheap and has strong rating

Last edited by Baseley09; 03-05-2011, 19:05.

Comment

I use a Braun series 3 much like this one:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...ed=0CH0Q8wIwAw#

It's the best electric shaver I have used (been through 4 so far) and the Philishave was the worst, due to the triple head which I was not a fan of. I also felt that it never shaved all that close.

I have quite sensative skin as well so don't shave that often, but the Braun I'm using now gives much less irritation than the Philishave did.
            Last edited by Skull Commander; 03-05-2011, 22:43.

Comment

Do you just take the cap off and bang it out to clean the hairs out? I wonder how often these things need blades .. or oiling or whatever?

That is a good recommendation, maybe I'll get one this week. Do you do any preparation beforehand or after? moisturising and all that shiz?

Comment

Got my dad the Philips HQ6990 6900, he says its a good shave.

Comment

I reckon all electric razors are crap. The multi-blade cartridge systems are crap too. I'm switching back to a double edged razor and that's what you should all do as well if you want to be proper men!

Comment

*checks if its the victorian era*

Comment

I've never had a Turk/Greek/other put a blade to my throat tho I've always fancied it.

Never had to put anything on when my shaver was new tho now it's balm city After where it shredding my face.

I went ahead and took a pop at that ?17er on Amazon to satisfy my inner penny pincher.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                        Do you just take the cap off and bang it out to clean the hairs out? I wonder how often these things need blades .. or oiling or whatever?

That is a good recommendation, maybe I'll get one this week. Do you do any preparation beforehand or after? moisturising and all that shiz?
                        I can't be bothered with moisturising, although I should given my skin. As far as cleaning the shaver goes the lid pops off and give it a tap to remove the worst, also the one I use is tap safe, so you can leave the cap on and run it under water if it needs it.

Comment

badical, 5/5 skulls, I think I'll order that one this week and give it a try

Comment

My wife broke mine today so now I need another. Had it over 3 years now and it worked a treat. Helps that I can only grow agressive bum fluff anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X