Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hindsight is a great thing ......

Comment

It's okay, as long as we can make it work, I think some sort of pastme can still be a gold mine

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
        I was born at a very early age, and since that time I've often done surreal things to amuse myself. I once squeezed a roast chicken carcass into an empty gherkin jar filled with vinegar, calling the creation Pastor Barnes and claiming it was MY MOJO. I then placed it outside in plain view for when the plumber came by. Was so tempted to hide it in his van when he wasn't looking.

On another occasion I filled a blue rubber glove with aduki beans and hung it from a tree outside my house, then told my friends it was to show I was the secret 4th member of the BLUE MAN GROUP.

This idea was born from a desire to email an old school chum from 12 years ago, whose old email I still had. I once recalled finding an English essay of his in the English room, and I read it in secret, as it described a variety of personal stories from his childhood, things only he would be likely to know (I once mentioned one to him in class and he freaked out that I knew it). Then I thought about starting a fake email account today, emailing him after over a decade of no contact, and claiming to actually BE HIM from the future, after which I would convince him by recalling the various personal stories from the essay. I'd explain that I was using future technology to send a time travelling email, and then give him a series of cryptic made up warnings, such as:
        On a winters' day in November you'll be in a pub, when a guy in a red shirt will ask you if you know a man named Barnaby - it's essential you say YES, and then while he's in the adjacent room leave the pub and never return!

The likelihood of anything remotely like this happening are zero, so there's no harm in it.

Then after a while I thought: what if instead of sending one person a fake time travelling email, I invented an online system where people thought they could do it, and then I could read such emails for personal amusement.

Then I was reminded of this:

I read an interview with the guy who first put that ad up, just to fill space in the paper he worked at, and for years he's received letters from people. It made me realise, people WILL believe this.

In short: it seemed like a laugh.

can I have 100grammes of whatever you are smoking matey?

Comment

Working...
        X