Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The manplan thread (refer to post one for guidance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fammydodd's birthday wish to have a go at a commando's crack.

Comment

Manly stuff that immediately springs to mind. How about re-purposing the family lounge into a home cinema? Lowered the ceiling (myself and the neighbour, no professionals). 106 inch scope screen. Brown wallpaper, brown curtains, black leather sofa, dark floorboards, everything possible short of black velvet on the walls. And that's coming soon. All that was last year though, more recently....

Decided to build a slot car track, "for the kid", in the shed. Told the girlfriend it would take 3 days. That was in February.

Emptied the shed of the girlfriend's gardening tools, outside table and chairs, that kind of pointless ****, and knocked up some work surfaces from various bits of timber and sheet material. Built the frame, put the Scalextric track down, decided that wasn't manly enough, so took it all down and started again by routing the slot [for the cars] into wood. Spent every evening and every weekend in the shed, got it hooked up to watch football and films

Needless to say, had no instructions while building this monstrosity. I overdone everything in a typical Man way, so much so you can actually sit down on the raised sections of the track without any problems.

Girlfriend and kids went to Spain a couple of weeks ago to see her parents. I took the time off to stay at home to do just what that **** ever it was I wanted to do.

Have had rather nasty pain in my groin for nearly 3 years, finally got it diagnosed today as a hernia. Not just a simple hernia either, it's pushing directly on the nerves which results in acute pain down the whole of the leg. For 3 years. Why not get it diagnosed sooner? I simply ain't got time to bleed. (Actually a couple of crap doctors).

The slot car track still isn't finished. It's nearly June.

Took the piss out of two steroid, tat covered "hard men" who passed me in the street the other week. One of the guys was massive but evidently had never done a squat in his life. The epitomy of sparrow legs, he looked ****ing ridiculous prancing around in vest and shorts. Needed a real man to tell him to man the **** up.

Decided we had too many cushions on the sofa. Put them ALL in the bin yesterday. Men don't have cushions!

Replacing a couple of taps this weekend. It's been leaking for 6 months, but **** it, if it's not leaking into the flat downstairs, it can wait.
      Last edited by Matt; 26-05-2011, 23:29.

Comment

Actually, going to post my slot car track to emphasise the Manly aspect of it. Poor panoramic shot. Ignore the non-Manly pink foam, I'm going to be covering all the foam with joint cement (did I mentioned I have a 25kg bag of that ready to go?) to turn the foam into rocks.

Comment

To further my case for admission to Man Status....

Implemented "Straight Wednesdays" at work where everyone has to dress like a heterosexual alpha male, rather than those dappy lothes you see people wearing these days. Eg no pink shirts.

Comment

Can you update us on our status please?

Comment

Just gotta say that the track in a shed effort wins points +1 in my book.

Comment

I know we're really not supposed to swear on the forum but only this adjective will suffice.........

That track is f*@king mega!!

Comment

Get out of the man plan thread juanz. Create a henpecked thread for blokes under the thumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadboy View Post
                    Can you update us on our status please?
                    Things have been bedlam at work, barely been on the forum recently, i'll try to get it done this weekend.

The track is indeed superb though, efforts like that will definitely be rewarded!

Comment

Wow I can't believe people have managed to drag out 19 pages on this pathetic topic lol

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                        wow i can't believe people have managed to drag out 19 pages on this pathetic topic lol
                        Miracles happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadboy View Post
                          Because it's longer lasting than shaving, and you need to be a real man to put up with it too... I pluck the few hairs that show up between the waxes that I get on my face, so it doesn't take me too long.
                          OMG how did I miss that one, is that a joke? :P

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                            Wow I can't believe people have managed to drag out 19 pages on this pathetic topic lol
                            Think of this as the forum shed/garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                              OMG how did I miss that one, is that a joke? :P
                              No, I'm actually serious about that. I used to shave but have been getting my face waxed for two or three years. I don't think that I'll ever be going back.

Comment

Hmmm, I don't know how well I'd fare in here. I'll just post stuff I've been up to this week (and for this weekend) and see how I sound

This weekend I'm helping my pregnant friend set up her whole house (furniture, unpacking, etc.) and getting Wing Wah Chinese buffet for dinner as thanks.
                                Been playing Duke Nukem Forever when I get spare time.

And since people are talking about waxing and the like....
                                I've started getting some stubble now after being too lazy to shave for 2 weeks.
                                Hygienist appointment at the dentist Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X