No announcement yet.

Firefox 4 - how can I prevent it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Chrome and I'm a fussy bastard so it must be doing something right.

Was an avid Firefox user from 1.5 to 3.0 though. Then it got slow and bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
      I eventually upgraded from Firefox 2 (FF2) to FF3 because Youtube stopped working, and then I was forced to put up with their "awesome bar" as they like to call it, despite it being utterly garbage and preventing me actually typing the needed URLs. It auto corrects things, and so I resisted for several years. Now I'm stuck suffering with it. I HATE the awesome bar, the awesome bar is diabolically awful.
      This might be coming a bit late, but is this add-on the sort of thing you are looking for? I've been using it since the early days of FF3 because I didn't like the awesome bar either...
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        ??
        PolishGirlsWithBigTits.com works ok for me??

What? That can mean only one thing...the basts have banned me again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          This might be coming a bit late, but is this add-on the sort of thing you are looking for? I've been using it since the early days of FF3 because I didn't like the awesome bar either...
          Cheers, I did get it back at the time. Not perfect but better than leaving the Awful Bar as is.

If sites start mandating FF4, I'm switching to SeaMonkey. It looks ace, like FF's lost cousin.

Comment

Balls, i just updated without realising my mistake, what have they done to FF4 it's terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
              Balls, i just updated without realising my mistake, what have they done to FF4 it's terrible!
              Haha!

Welcome to the club. Firefox still has older versions for download. I advise reinstalling it.

Comment

I seem to be the only person that likes Firefox 4. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  I seem to be the only person that likes Firefox 4. :/
                  After you spend a minute sorting out the UI FF4 is vast improvement over #3. BELIEVE!

Comment

Shame it's slower than the other browsers and takes ages to boot!

Still use it for firebug though

Comment

Still on 3.6 and not sure if I should upgrade!

Comment

I'm staying on the last 3.6.x edition until further notice...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Shame it's slower than the other browsers and takes ages to boot!
                          It takes a second to open (I couldn't do much with the few tenths of a second extra that gives me over IE9 or Chrome), and I don't find the rendering noticeably slow either. I also don't get what people are saying about how it looks.

As for IE9, I tried it for a little while. I hate software that assumes you're an idiot, and as I said before I'll never trust Internet Explorer (just this week a colleague at work was raped by adware using IE9/MSE, same site with Firefox/MSE had no issues at all).

Chrome I really want to like, but I don't like the way it feels. Hard to quantify what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            just this week a colleague at work was raped by adware using IE9/MSE, same site with Firefox/MSE had no issues at all
                            You mean he had passwords/bank details stolen? Or something else happen?

Comment

FF4 was what made me finally switch to chrome its f****** awful

Comment

I've caught loads of malware and fake anti virus scanners through Firefox. Everyone uses java and adobe exploits now.

There are a few annoyances with Firefox:

-Can only have a single instance open, one window crashes, they all crash
                                -HDD thrashing on startup (not an issue now I've an SSD but it'd last a good 30 seconds on a regular drive)
                                -Copying large files to a USB drive causes firefox to freeze (weird issue but it only affect FF)
                                -It puts <tbody> tags in tables! Why do you feel the need to insult my nice shiny HTML code by warping it? What purpose does tbody serve? None! It's pointless! It does nothing that you shouldn't be doing stylesheets! It makes me so angry! RAAAAGEEEEEE!

Comment

Working...
                                X