Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweets, and their control over our brains!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweets, and their control over our brains!

In about 30 seconds, I'm running out the door to go buy me some candy. I buy sweets spontaneously about once a week, and maybe once a week on my grocery raid. I try semi hard to stay healthy and fit, so I get a bit disappointed in myself every time I give in to the temptation, and thus eating feels less satisfactory than it maybe should. I have tried eating carrots, apples, yogurts and other things to stave off my burning desire, but it has a limited effect. Man, what a crazy situation.

And when I do go out on these candy trips, I always feel embarressed dumping nothing but candy on to the pay desk, so I end up buying something extra healthy in addition to the candy, which I might as well throw in the bin when I get home.

Do you have a healthy relationship with candy, or are you too really conflicted? Do you do something else to quench your extreme hunger for sweets?

Images to drive you all crazy:

Last edited by JSR; 09-05-2011, 17:51.

I like sweets more than life itself.

Comment

I bought a 1kg bag of Jelly Belly Sours not long ago.

They didn't last long.

Comment

I'm the same as you Alex but I go to the shops more like 3 times a week. I'm trying to cut it out at the moment though to lose a bit of weight.

Comment

Sweets are nice. I like sweets.

Comment

I could eat jelly sweets until I am sick.
            Infact I have - on more than one occassion.

Comment

I've just run to the shop and bought some strawberry laces and Wham sour Raspberry Rip roll. It's all good

Comment

I do'nt do sweets. Sweets = spoonfulls of sugar. Look at that middle picture, it's rotting your teeth just looking at it!

Comment

Mmmmmmmm rotting teeth

Comment

I fupping love jelly sweets, but they give me migraines so I can't eat them any more

Comment

This http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/ has to be the most awesome of websites for old school sweets. I'm really not a fan of puddings or sweets anymore, but as a kid I loved Rosey Apples, Acid Drops and Sherbet Fizz Bombs - browsing that site makes not ordering the odd quarter or two a difficult task indeed.

Comment

Traditional sweet shops are popping up all over the place now. There's one in Kingston where you can get all that sorta stuff

Comment

Retro sweets must be the new black

Comment

My parents own a sweet shop.

Therefore........I'm addicted to sweets!

Comment

In the last 4 months (i.e. 2011 so far) I've eaten 8lb of minieggs. I have another 2lb bag in the cupboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X