BBC Domesday Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC Domesday Project

Has anyone else been looking through the online BBC Domesday book? It's a lovely trip down memory lane. It's nice that they got it all online, as being an Acorn fan the project was something you always knew about but never had the chance to see it.

Some great pictures and stories about the C5 plus stuff like this:

"My favourite program is Dungeons and
    Dragons and sometimes I play with my
    computer which is a Sinclair Spectrum
    48k,after a while i have to switch
    because my mum wants to see the news.
    I usually go to the playing fields to
    8.00 then I come home I go to bed
    about 9.00, or sometimes if I come
    home early I can read."

The BBC Domesday Reloaded blog is the place to explore, share, reminisce and comment on stories from the national project - from both 1986 to present day.

Cool. I remember doing work at school on this project. Well chuffed when we had the laser disks back to have a look at.

Comment

There was a piece on the BBC news site about the 'restoration' project. The images were all stored as single frames of a long video, and the software was basically able to freezeframe at the right place. All the text was encoded into the 'audio' stream partition of the laserdisc. All analogue formats, even though it's a digital medium. No such thing as jpeg or mp3 back then...

Comment

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

46p!

Comment

man that has just taken me down memory lane. One pic i saw was from where i used to go on my BMX all the time and even now i've ridden through on my MTB recently. The pit has vanished in the distance and has now been replaced by houses and an Aldi.

going to have a good wade through it but i kist want to zoom on the pics but i expect that the photo size of 26k would have filled half a spectrum at the time lol.

bri
          Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2011, 21:46.

Comment

Working...
          X