Collect/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collect/Rated

Welcome to the sister thread for Under/Rated. As a long serving, distinguished gaming forum we've often seen reference to and shown off in the appropriate threads our personal gaming collections. However, humans can be quite the little hoarders with people developing a compulsive need to not only gather a particular collection of things that take our interest but to ensure that collection is complete, even if it costs us a fortune.

What collections do you have? It could be anything from stamps to gaming figures. Feel free to include pictures of your collections for others to see, discuss, drool over and indeed Rate.

The only rule we're going to have for this thread is that it can't be a collection of games themselves as we already have that one covered in another thread on NTSC-UK.

I'll get this started

My current fixation is the new line of Kotobukiya's DC Bishoujo Statues. They seem to be doing them at a rate of one per month but I'm not sure how long for as there isn't really a long line of worthy characters to opt from and they're burning through them fast. They're pricey at around ?50 a pop but much better than the same companies Marvel based statues. In order of release they're currently up to:

Month 1: Batgirl

Month 2: Catwoman

Month 3: Wonder Woman

Month 4: Supergirl

and Month 5 has been announced to be a single statue with both Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn together.

Comment

Ohhhh me likey the idea of month 5 my 2 bestest DC ladies ever...any sneak peeks available yet??

I'm a big fan of those bushoujo statues but I can't be adding anymore collections so have so far resisted the urge & stayed away from buying them but think I will have to grab the Ivy/Harley pair though...they will be too much to resist.

I'll try to add some of my stuff later but to be fair most of it is already listed in the 2 other threads:

Mecha Mad & Figure Fixation
      Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Non Gaming related purchases
      Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Current obsessions for me though are obviously Transformers (Masterpiece & Encore re-issue figures only none of the new crap that Hasbro plop out) & Batman Black & White Statues.

Oh & Hot Toys figures but those are limited to just the Marvel ones at the mo...although given the chance I'd buy the Batman Dark Knight figures as well but they are hideously expensive now

Neil

Comment

They've not shown it yet but it should appear in the next few weeks. So far they've been incredibly close to the artwork a preview of which is:

I'd really like a really good Batman and Superman one to round up the collection

Comment

Isn't this just the same as the other toy thread, or am I missing something?

Comment

If it isn't already, it will be once the transformers start getting posted!

Comment

It's not specific to toys, that's just what I'm collecting at the minute. It can be a collection of anything, to see what interests people, why and how far they'll go in its pursuit

Comment

Well other than gaming, I don't really have any other collections. However, this situation is about to change, in no small part thanks to NeoDragoN and Soundwave .

I to have started becoming interested in the action figures/statues side of collecting, tho' at present there are only a few items that I am after. I won't derail this thread, as a there is a seperate one for that particular topic.

It'll be interesting to see what other people collect, and the reasons behind it.

Comment

Hmm, I own tons and tons of CDs, but not to the point where I ever felt like I was collecting them. Same with books and DVDs.

I've probably spent more than anything else on dolls (yeah, okay, kick me off the Man Plan plz) but I've only got four, so that's hardly a collection!

Comment

I may upload some pics of my kung fu dvd collection tomorrow.

In the meantime:

Game worn hockey jersey collection

It's almost my whole collection, just shy of a few purchses since the last upload.

Comment

Working...
                    X