End of the World thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the World thread

Had to kill it. It was tying itself in knots in the database. Sorry.

You killed the end of the world thread, or this is the thread for the end of the world? What?

Comment

Surely it's a sign that Jesus is coming! Everyone try to look busy!

Comment

Heh. He ain't the boss of me.

Comment

Of all the threads to kill the forum

Comment

Doesn't really bother me if the End of the World arrives this year or next, won't affect me, I'm too stubborn to go.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              Of all the threads to kill the forum
              I know, the irony of it is epic.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like a cover-up to me. We'll know for sure when Zombie Bin-Laden shows up on Saturday.

Comment

Here's the Wiki link that inspired the previous topic:

And here's the gibberish he's spouting:

1. According to Camping, the number five equals "atonement", the number ten equals "completeness", and the number seventeen equals "heaven".
                    2. Christ is said to have hung on the cross on April 1, 33 AD. The time between April 1, 33 AD and April 1, 2011 is 1,978 years.
                    3. If 1,978 is multiplied by 365.2422 days (the number of days in a solar year, not to be confused with the lunar year), the result is 722,449.
                    4. The time between April 1 and May 21 is 51 days.
                    5. 51 added to 722,449 is 722,500.
                    6. (5 ? 10 ? 17)2 or (atonement ? completeness ? heaven)2 also equals 722,500.

Thus, Camping concludes that 5 ? 10 ? 17 is telling us a "story from the time Christ made payment for our sins until we're completely saved."
                    The guy has arbitrarily taken random numbers and made some kind of nonsense story out it. Personally I'm more inclined to believe the Aztec's Long Count calender. It's older, for s a start.

Comment

I like the way (so that people "can't" (lol) pick holes in his prediction) the Rapture has to keep to the timezones by sweeping the global rather than just grabbing everyone at once.

Comment

Does that mean you could theoretically avoid it if you cross the international dateline?

Comment

Well, if someone does believe in it and they're still here Sunday imagine how crushed they're going to feel, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                            Does that mean you could theoretically avoid it if you cross the international dateline?
                            Well you could avoid it by crossing each time lines barrier, but when you eventually cross the international dateline you'll suddenly get Raptured 24 times simultaneously.

Comment

That's what getting bummed in the gob feels like I've heard.

Anyway, this end of the world stuff is exactly like that episode of The Simpsons where Homer sees the movie "Left Below" and works out when the world is going to end.

Comment

Working...
                              X