Randy Savage killed in a car accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through my bleary morning eyes I thought this said 'Robbie Savage ...'

I remember this guy - was he in the Wrestling sticker book that was out in the early 90s? Car accident - urgh

edit - just found out there were millions of wwf sticker albums in the 90s

I used to remember them from the aceness of their names.
    Last edited by prinnysquad; 21-05-2011, 08:16.

Comment

RIP Macho Man. What a legend!

Watch from about 1 min 50 for some recent Macho madness!

Comment

Dreadful news, he was one of my favourite wrestlers of the golden WWF era.

True box office material, and such charisma. Not a nice way to go, having a heart attack behind the wheel.

I came across the Summerslam 1992 video (UK, Wembley stadium) during a clearout a few weeks back and watched it all the way through. He took on the Ultimate Warrior for the WWF championship and then Ric Flair and Mr Perfect intervened as usual. Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon commentary. Truly the golden era.

RIP Macho Man Randy Savage, you brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people.

Comment

I don't know how he was considered for in his 'in-ring' skills, but surely he was one of the best at promo's and vignette's.

Always brings a smile to my face when watching his interviews with Mean Gene et al.

It also seems that he didn't take himself to seriously (so it appears) after watching Bibs video.

Wrestling/Sports entertainment has lost a legend.

RIP Randy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bib View Post
            Its a little spooky, & tragic, that he utters the lines "2011 will be the Macho Man's year" in that vid

Comment

He was my favourite wrestler from when I first started watching wrestling. I was a little annoyed when he wasn't in Wrestlefest.

Best moments/feuds I remember:

Smashing his jeweled scepter into Ultimate Warriors head to make him lose the title to Sgt. Slaughter.

The cobra snake incident when Jake Roberts turned bad and the following feud.

The whole Rik Flair episode that culminated at Wrestlemania 8. I remember being mega-pumped waiting for that... my favourite wrestler getting a title shot. I remember being mocked for supporting Savage as all my mates were the typical Hogan/Warrior bum-boys, so him winning the title again after being told repeatedly it was impossible because he had to retire (post-Warrior/WM7) was great.

Savage announcing that Mr. Perfect would be his partner vs. Flair and Razor Ramon, turning Perfect into a good guy.

Comment

Just a quick heads up.

Wed 25th May, from 9am for 24 hrs, Silvervision are selling (DVD) Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection (3 discs) for ?6.99 (should be ?17.99).

Going to treat myself to it and watch some classic matches and promo's.

Ohhhh Yeahhhh!

I'll be posting this in the bargains thread to, for more exposure.

Comment

His match with Ricky 'the dragon' Steamboat at Wrestlemania III is worth the price of the set on it's own. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                  X