Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone live in Gibraltar? What is it like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone live in Gibraltar? What is it like?

I hear it is full of ex-pats and sun.

Not been myself, but my former landlord (a dodgier geezer you are unlikely to meet) had a place there and spent probably about half his year there. He swore by it, but bearing in mind it's only very wee, if there's lots of people like him knocking around the place, that alone would be enough to put me off.

Comment

Visited it a couple of years back while I was on holiday in Spain.

If you've ever been to Guildford, then it's basically that, only draped over a rock in southern Spain.

Nice place, bit small. No beaches there though. The Spanish town just over the border is an absolute hole though, but you're a short trip away from most of Andalucia which is a lovely part of the world.

You have to walk across the airport runway to get in and out of the place though, which is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
        If you've ever been to Guildford, then it's basically that, only draped over a rock in southern Spain.
        Lol, saves me a trip then!

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys, looking at job options there, not looking worth the tax break by the sound of it!

Comment

Oh it's nice, don't get me wrong. But it doesn't really feel like you're anywhere 'foreign'. Probably not too bad a place to work, but as a holiday I prefer something a bit more... different.

Comment

Cool, I should go check it out in person before I move there really!

Comment

Working...
              X