Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decent 3" screen protectors?

ok

I need a decent 3" screen protector for my new TZ-20 digital camera.

i have been through a few of these and quite frankly they are rubbish - and the screen is left with bubbles that i cant removed etc

can anyone signpost me to quality screen protector - (not the 6 for ?1.49 ones on ebay)
    Last edited by dvdx2; 21-06-2011, 12:21.

The best ones are the PET plastic ones - like you would get on your phone etc. I've used loads in the past and they are great - it's all in the application mind you. Work from one side, slowly and clean your screen properly first etc etc!

The cheap ones are usually ok too. I've had a few off ebay and they are pretty good!

Comment

My Desire's protector has got buildups of dust in the edges, it states that you can remove the protector and reapply using water but that is a good method? Will it be less sticky?

Comment

see if invisible shield do them for cameras. the one i have on my iphone is great, never peeled around the edges and its so thin you cant tell there is one on there.

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
          see if invisible shield do them for cameras. the one i have on my iphone is great, never peeled around the edges and its so thin you cant tell there is one on there.

Yep got a invisible shield on my desire for about 15 months now, its never peeled, bubbled or anything. Well worth the extra money than those cheap crappy ones.

Comment

Risky I know but I'd like to vote against those invisible shield ones... I had the misfortune of using one once, and it was a real pain, the instructions for putting it on were vague at best, and whilst I accept user error on my part, when I did get it on, it looked awful and was quickly replaced!

Comment

Originally posted by Friction View Post
              Risky I know but I'd like to vote against those invisible shield ones... I had the misfortune of using one once, and it was a real pain, the instructions for putting it on were vague at best, and whilst I accept user error on my part, when I did get it on, it looked awful and was quickly replaced!
              Put liquid on the cover, place on screen and push out the bubbles, keep ironing out the bubbles over the next few hours.
              Not really much to it really.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post
                Put liquid on the cover, place on screen and push out the bubbles, keep ironing out the bubbles over the next few hours.
                Not really much to it really.
                I did that it just wasn't having it - bubbles wouldn't shift, picked up dust and dirt and was a nightmare to get on! As I say I know I was at fault somewhat, perhaps I didn't use enough spray, just went against logic soaking something I was putting on an electronic device!

Comment

I've had invisible shields on several devices now. They are amazing.

Unfortunately I can't use them on my iPhone anymore as I use it as a satnav and it gets super hot in the windscreen and then the glue melts and they come off.

I'm using a regular screen protector now and it's just all scratched and scuffed and crap looking.
                  Inivisible shields on my camera screens though.

Earphone warehouse sell the cut to size stuff for a tenner

Comment

Working...
                  X