Montreal - worth a visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montreal - worth a visit?

My wife has a work trip to Montreal in August and she is asking me to come along. The last one I went to was Tokyo 4 years ago so it was a no brainer and I didn't mind padding around the city on my own during the day. Not so sure about Montreal, so was wondering if anyone had ever been, and if so is it worth me visiting and would I be okay seeing the sights on my lonesome?

Thanks for the help.

It's a beautiful city, although be warned in the height of summer it can get ridiculously hot. The food is really good, some lovely little restaurants that serve quite a nice variety of bits, I'm a vegetarian and had no problems there. Being one of the French cities it has some really nice architecture and we happily spent the couple of days there just wondering around looking at the buildings. Like the rest of Canada it's also populated by the most polite and friendly people I've ever met. I'll try and get a list of some of the good attractions from the others later in the week, can't remember of any specifics off the top of my head right now.

Comment

Only been there for work but it seemed a nice city. Had some oyster-wasabi-vodka shots in some funky street with lots of bars.
      Sorry, not much more to offer than that.

/delete post and add to thread about deleted posts

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
        It's a beautiful city, although be warned in the height of summer it can get ridiculously hot. The food is really good, some lovely little restaurants that serve quite a nice variety of bits, I'm a vegetarian and had no problems there. Being one of the French cities it has some really nice architecture and we happily spent the couple of days there just wondering around looking at the buildings. Like the rest of Canada it's also populated by the most polite and friendly people I've ever met. I'll try and get a list of some of the good attractions from the others later in the week, can't remember of any specifics off the top of my head right now.
        That will be enough for my wife as she is vegetarian and works for an animal protection organisation.

Comment

Dude, Montreal has some of the best looking girls I have had the pleasure of seeing/meeting. It has a lot of fine dining places and entertainment. From clubs/bars/adult entertainment...

If you have time you should visit the locales outside of Montreal, as Quebec has a lot to offer, be careful mind, as the further out you go the more French speaking it will become.

As for friendliness, I personally have not had this first hand, but certain family members who are from there have had issue with people who refuse to speak to them because they did not speak French. Could be the odd few people, and it should not be treated as a general consensus. As with most American cities (North America) prepare to add tax onto the displayed amount

You should definately go, as there are some great free outdoor events in the summer... Oh and yes it gets VERY hot there... but the weather in Canada is generally (there's that word again) extreme throughout the years.

I am actually going back there in early September, so should be fun... Let us know how you get on dude!

Comment

Working...
          X