The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
    If you do decide on Canyon tyjay, please keep us informed as to how the experience of dealing direct goes.
    Ordered and paid for this evening canyon nerve xc 7
    Now the wait hopefully it might be here by next Saturday as its available now in forest green.
    Now to get rid of the Boardman can't keep both

Comment

Good lad, that's another machine I'll be envious of once I see it I'm sure. Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

On another note, anyone got or used either of these cycle carriers;
        Saris Bones 2
        Thule 9106 (clip-on high)

Comment

Can't comment on either but I got a month or so ago this Thule http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thule-TH9708...5737567&sr=8-8

Fantastic bit of kit had a tow bar fitted when we bought our new car in nov last year purely for he bikes takes 1 or 2 minutes to fit the rack

I'll get some photos up once it arrives the canyon

Comment

Bike in for it's first free six week service this weekend, I know it's a cheap ?400 bike and no one in here is arsed about it because of this fact, but it felt so much better ridding it after it had been given a once over. gonna have to get into a bit of bike maitenance I'm ok with the basics, but dose anyone know of any good resources for novice mountain bike enthusiasts.

Comment

youtube. Whenever i need to do a bit of maintenance, i check out youtube. If no results a quick google search helps or this thread.

Comment

Having the right tools is the main thing. Tools are expensive (don't bother with cheap ones).

However, there are a load of jobs you can do with just a decent set of allen keys and some spanners.
                Adjusting the gears can normally be done at the handlebars by hand-turned dial etc.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Having the right tools is the main thing. Tools are expensive (don't bother with cheap ones).

However, there are a load of jobs you can do with just a decent set of allen keys and some spanners.
                  Adjusting the gears can normally be done at the handlebars by hand-turned dial etc.
                  Agreed! Looking to get myself a new shed and repair stand next month. The only problem i have nowadays is trying to get the rear wheel back on, its so bloody awkward when you are doing it by yourself. Unless there is some easier method i'm not aware of.

Oh and a fourth hand tool is supurb for adjusting your brakes when you need to.

Comment

Cycle to work scheme starts at work tomorrow. Time for a summer bike

(not too sure what to go for yet - it'll probably be a hybrid of some description)

Comment

Personally, i wouldn't go for a hybrid unless it was a decent make. I had nothing but problems with mine. Either go for a road or a MTB.

Comment

To get the back wheel in, I turn the bike upside down and drop it in, tighten up the quick release a bit and then turn it over and do up the quick release properly with my weight on the saddle.

Comment

Just wondering guys my new bike has disc brakes. if i remove the front wheel off to store it secure, do i need to do anything to the brakes first before i attempt to remove the wheel and is there anything else i need to be aware of?

Comment

Easy to remove, but make sure you don't press the brake lever while it's out! The pads should retreat again if you do, but it can take time or if the pistons are gunged up, they might get stuck.

Comment

Discs generally make it easier to get the wheels off unless you have something ridiculous like a lefty fork.
                              Are they cable or hydraulic?

Comment

They are hydraulic smouty.

Comment

Working...
                                X