• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you on Strava? Add me: http://www.strava.com/athletes/537862

Comment

I've been using run keeper?

Comment

First commute on the bike for 2 months today... Feeling it,but back on the bike tomorrow. Forgotten how much more satisfying it is, even with the rain.

Comment

And the roads are always better after the rain

huxley: I've not tried runkeeper. Any good? Strava is pretty amazing even the free version.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully View Post
            First commute on the bike for 2 months today... Feeling it,but back on the bike tomorrow. Forgotten how much more satisfying it is, even with the rain.
            Nice one, I've been doing it for last year and a bit now I've found a nice off road trail I can ride home on in sunny weather.

I've racked up nearly 3000 miles so far and feel much better than I did before I bought the bike back in April 12.

Looking at getting some carbon bars and seat post maybe some mg1 pedals to lighten bike a little.

Comment

Tried mg1's but prefer my v12s on the mountain bike, feet feel more secure.

For the commuter I've been running shimano mx80s for 18 months, really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

huxley: I've not tried runkeeper. Any good? Strava is pretty amazing even the free version.
                I use the mountain bike runtastic app myself which has been great but wonder about seeing what cycle stuff garmin does if they do anything to log rides without needing 3G on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully View Post
                  Tried mg1's but prefer my v12s on the mountain bike, feet feel more secure.

For the commuter I've been running shimano mx80s for 18 months, really nice.
                  I had v8s but the bearings fell out after a few months and now using thru pin superstar nanos nice but a little heavier.

I'm just after some new trainers for flats that are more weather resistant thinking shimano am 41s ?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post

Its ok, gives you a map, pace, calories burnt etc

Comment

Woke up this morning bike gone, they cut through the bolt that was fastening it to the wall, luckily they didn't take the kids bikes. it confuses me though why go to all that trouble and leave half the stuff there, the kids bikes where newer and probably worth more than mine, my sons 20 inch Dawes and my daughters 14 inch Ridgeback where ignored, over an entry level Mongoose, is there really that big a market for a beat up two year old mountain bikes.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, my bike is kept in the house at the moment due to a full shed but I wouldn't keep it in there anyway.

Was your bike the easiest to get at because they won't bother to steal the other bikes if they were more secure in your shed/garage ?

You've just reminded me to buy a new lock as I leave it in work and want a spare for home.

Comment

all on the same lock which is the strange thing, shouldn't complain, just strange that they went to the trouble and left the other bikes.

Comment

Yep really sorry to hear that Lebowski, I keep mine in the shed locked to a massive pair of ladders.

It's separetly insured with ETA, they stipulate you can keep the bike in a shed as it's not on show plus you don't need to lock it either.
                            As I say I do for extra security.

If I get a more expensive bike later this year I'll put a ground anchor in.

Comment

Bugger, they will steal just because they can. Had my knackered but much loved cinder cone stolen a few years back. Pretty worthless to anyone but me...

Comment

I kept it in the cellar until recently but i thought anchoring it to the wall and securing it with a masterlock and two chains would be enough, i strugled to get it out and lock it up as it was with all the kids bikes behind the playhouse under a tarp, and quite cramped to get too, (it was a real bind getting it out), the replacement bike will be kept in the cellar, i will see extracting the bike as a pre-cycle workout.

Comment

Working...
                                X