The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    That's good to know. Will have a look at the weekend.
    If you have Shimano, you can probably download the manuals from here;

Comment

Didn't even think of gears having manuals! Great shout.

Comment

You'll have to excuse the dirt.

My brakes are pretty lax now too, should look into it or grab some hydraulic v-brakes.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I didn't get on with superstar pedals so I'm currently using wellgo mg1 magnesium pedals.

Currently deciding on a new bike full suspension either a radon slide 8.0 or rose granite chief, looked at loads but the German bikes can't be beaten on price/spec.

The rose you can spec your own components and comes in at a very good price about 2k for rockshox pikes, xt group set, DT Swiss wheels and reverb stealth dropper seat.

Comment

Just got back on my bike after missing the last year + through one thing or another.
              killed me the first few times until I get my fitness back

realised that my bars are too small for me their 670mm, so looking to go to minimum 720 and 760mm at about the widest
              but it's doing my head in with riser, sweep, back, degrees, weight ect but I'll get there
              put some nice nukeproof flat pedals on superb for ?27 or whatever I payed, fantastic grip gives u more confidence at higher speed

picked up a cheap action cam at about ?35 a copy of a copy lol, but been mightily impressed by the quality tbh made a few biking vids over the last few days.
              so impressed with all this vid lark that I ordered a gopro hero 4 this afternoon with tomorrow delivery, can't wait for it to arrive

got the biking bug back again big time, gonna see this year out with my canyon then get a new bike next spring
              maybe a trek fuel, canyon,or something a little different

Comment

So, silly question: what size frame should I be looking at? Is 18"/19" normal for a mountain bike?
                Kind of liking the price of this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Polaris-Ranger-...841468&sr=1-19

Comment

Hey tyjay, will be intetested to hear the difference between the cheap one and the hero 4. Got a link to the cheap one?

Kryss, varies so much between manufacturers. Highly recommended you buy at a shop and ride before.

Comment

I walked into the shop near me and the cheapest was $900 for something Mary Poppins would ride.
                    Something cheapo from Amazon is more than enough.

Comment

NP Charles, the gopro came when I was out on the track
                      so haven't opened the box yet
                      I'll compare later tonight once Iv tested the hero 4 out
                      the camera was bought from Amazon as a sjcam 4000 but was a copy of it
                      my mate bought the genuine SJcam 5000 and that is really good at ?89 must make sue you get the genuine one though
                      the copy was about ?35-40ish I think

then theres a fantastic one call xaiomi Yi which has a Sony lens and is getting stunning results which is from ?57ish from Amazon

Comment

Looking to get back into cycling purely for getting into town instead of driving and also for a bit of variety for cardio rather than just running.

Any recommendations for a bike?

Single speed?? What are they used for primarily?

My previous bikes have been Carrera Subways from Halfords, so around the ?350-400 price bracket.

Comment

Anyone? I've seen a single speed I quite like, I'm just not sure its the right bike to get as I live Saddleworth way, hills everywhere..

Last edited by chojin; 17-07-2015, 07:59.

Comment

I know people with single speeds. They are all insanely fit. Easy to maintain and lightweight but not my cup of tea.

Comment

There is one for sale ?190, boxed as new, quite fancy giving it a whirl.. May have to build up to the big hills though [emoji38]

Comment

It does look cool without all the mech stuff and cables. No idea about urban riding though (I don't ride on road)

Comment

Working...
                                X