No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think they are ok for city centres and the like but you need gears for anything over a mile or so would have thought.

Wouldn't like to do my commute on a fixed.

Comment

I'm not commuting, I just want something for getting out and about, I'm gonna give it a shot, its not gonna break the bank. So I'll have calves like Arnie if I do any distance??.. That's a plus

Comment

I used to cycle from Basildon to Dunton (5 miles) and back each day on a bmx

Comment

there you go then, i'm sold

Comment

Lol, bmx nutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              I used to cycle from Basildon to Dunton (5 miles) and back each day on a bmx
              In fairness I did mine for a time on a Dahon folder, it did have gears but tiny wheels. Was super quick on acceleration but one you stopped pedalling the rolling resistance almost did away with the need for brakes.

Comment

Hah, know what you mean. Same on my Misson Prodigy. Had to pump the tyres up loads to get any sort of rolling. And then it's useless for trials work. I should probably get a bmx.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Lol, bmx nutter.
                  I've still got mine in shed might get it out bet the tyres have gone crusty from being in there 15 years.

Even more strange a lad a work commutes to work on a full suss Orange 5 with slick tyres, must be handy with tyre levers if he wants a off road ride.

Comment

Spare wheels probably?

Comment

Enjoyed a Thursday morning lap around Kielder Water. The whole trail was empty

Comment

Oh wow! Looks ace there.

And what bike is that? Looks a bit Proflex.

Comment

Some great trails around Kielder, stunning scenery too, just don't forget your midge repellent.

It's a Santa Cruz Bullit. Getting on a bit now at nearly 15 years old but it's never let me down. Great freeride bike. Goes great downhill and you can pedal it all day.

Comment

I really want my Raleigh Burner back. Blue and yellow, mag wheels, bikes peaked with that BMX.

Comment

I had one of those . Eventually sprayed it green. Had steel wheels but I broke them in no time so got some skyways most fun bike I've ever had.

Comment

After getting the MTB bike bug back, we did glentress 3 weeks ago that was an absolute blast can't wait to get back there.
                                plus Innerleithen is also on the cards aswell.
                                throw in hamsterly forest and all is a happy place
                                bought a dropper post just before Glentress, now that makes a huge difference when riding downhill sections. I use it all the time without even thinking about it anymore. Expensive for a seat post but can't be without it now.
                                when I'm back from Florida bike park Wales is also on the cards, but that's a real trek from Northumberland, but it's one to do at some point

oh and gonna change to tubeless as a huge double pinch flat nearly ended my last ride at hamsterly
                                untill some kind biker gave me a spare tube so I could continue.
                                my puncture kit couldn't save it unfortunately
                                I did try to return the favour when some lad snapped his chain and I had some 10s missing links to repair it
                                but his was 9s chain so it was no good.
                                so have got some 9s just to carry with me just in case I can help anyone
                                Last edited by tyjay; 13-08-2015, 21:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X