No announcement yet.

The Bicycle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread I got back into mb last summer bought a Boardman comp from halfords on a whim, love it used everyday to bike home
    5 miles from work, originally 25 mins got it down to 18 in the end including huge bank which ever way I go home lol.

Now I'm after a new bike going crazy looking at bikes pretty much decided on canyon nerve Xc 8 in green fantastic speced bike
    As I want to go full suspension or the Boardman pro fs decisions
    But vasectomy has put my bike on hold for a month or so so no trail or any use at all
    Now to move the Boardman on as cant have 2 bikes wife's not that generous

Comment

Hadn't really thought about route tracking but sounds interesting so just got the Google one (My Tracks), will give it a go.

Comment

This was my commute this morning

Search over 400,000 trails with trail info, maps, detailed reviews, and photos curated by millions of hikers, campers, and nature lovers like you.

It's quite a nice route as its canal tow paths pretty much all the way the few minutes I do have to spend on roads make me glad I can use this route, I'd rather put up with the odd hissing goose than take my life in my hands with some of the drivers round here.

Comment

Got woken up early this morning by one of the cats and fancied going out on my bike for the first time in a couple of months. Did a nice 11 mile route without too much trouble.

This is my current machine.

Comment

Looks like the perfect bike to keep you fit (translate: heavy bike?)

You don't ride with the seat at that height do you? If so, are you a dwarf?

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
              Now I'm after a new bike going crazy looking at bikes pretty much decided on canyon nerve Xc 8 in green fantastic speced bike
              Yep, and just to back up what I was saying yesterday about Canyon;

Comment

Well that just about seals it canyon it is same frame on all the nerve xc bikes just different setups.

Comment

If you do decide on Canyon tyjay, please keep us informed as to how the experience of dealing direct goes.

Comment

Will do

Comment

Im looking at getting a new bike in the next few months but don't want to spend above ?600. I will mainly be using it to cycle along the canal and the only real uphill areas will be on roads. Preferably a light bike with good handling and acceleration or as best as possible for under ?600. Iv looked at alot of bikes on a few websites and spoken to a few people and the bike that gets mentioned the most is the Carrera Fury (hardtail) which is listed on Bikeradar.com at ?530. Does anyone have any experience with it as it's the one i'm probably going to buy unless anyone has had bad experiences with it?
                      Last edited by Sam The Man; 20-04-2012, 22:32.

Comment

Personally I recommend picking up a decent mtb. Went for a hybrid last year and had nothing but problems with it and later on just wishing I could off road to do something else for a change.

Comment

How about a Gary Fisher 29er Wahoo or Trek 4500?

Are Carrera the Halford's own brand? It seems to have good reviews, but I don't think I could ever buy one /bikesnob

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            How about a Gary Fisher 29er Wahoo or Trek 4500?

Are Carrera the Halford's own brand? It seems to have good reviews, but I don't think I could ever buy one /bikesnob
                            Yeah it's Halford's. I have been told if i was to get it that i should take it to a professional bike shop to get it set up properly as Halford's are known to be poor at that.

Comment

Seeing as i'm investing in a new bike, can you guys recommend any insurance providers for them to protect against damage or theft?

Thanks

Comment

Check how much your home insurance goes up to. Mine does ?1.5k per bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X