Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good courier companies and where to buy packing materials.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good courier companies and where to buy packing materials.

So I'm moving some of my stuff from Edinburgh and sending it back down south.

As I can't driver I'm looking to sent it down via courier, just wondering who's a good courier to use, City Link seem to be the front runners at the moment as I know quite a few people who use them and their prices seem quite reasonable. I'm avoiding parcel farce at all costs due to past experiences.

Also anyone know where a good place to get boxes from is, as I'm looking to ship some board games down and the selection I saw in Ryman's and the post office was pretty rubbish with nothing being big enough to ship them in or even wrap them in.

For boxes, I've used www.mad4boxes.co.uk before in the past, pretty quick service.

Comment

I use www.parcel2go.com a lot, they let you choose between couriers - DHL have never let me down but I think they're "YODEL" now. Also if you use the code FACEBOOKAUGUST3 then you supposedly get 7.5% off - but that may have been a one-day-only thing.

Comment

Only thing with p2g is I've heard horror stories when things do go missing/get damaged. That said I've used them a fair few times without issue. I think the problem is as they act as the middle man when a problem occurs you get passed from them to the courier and back again with neither party taking the blame.

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions so far, ideally I was hoping to be able to find a good shop that sell boxes.

Comment

The site I linked delivers your boxes next day...

Comment

another vote for parcel2go here... i've used them on numerous occasions, shipping everything from a SuperGrafx to Italy, to alloy wheels worth ?1300 to the other end of the uk, not a single problem.. only thing I would say is the insurance, they charge you a percentage of the total value which is a bit crafty if you ask me..

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                Only thing with p2g is I've heard horror stories when things do go missing/get damaged. That said I've used them a fair few times without issue. I think the problem is as they act as the middle man when a problem occurs you get passed from them to the courier and back again with neither party taking the blame.
                It happened to me once and they didn't seem very organised. I did get my money back eventually though.

Comment

Parcelmonkey is my favourite.

City Link Next Day for ?7ish and they come and get it.

I used to use Parcel2go but have used parcelmonkey since discovering them.

Compare cheap parcel delivery & courier prices with Parcel Monkey! We compare all major couriers to get you the best services & delivery rates.
                  Last edited by speedlolita; 17-08-2011, 16:45.

Comment

Cheers Guys for the help,

Trying to find a good suitcase store as well but looks like it's going to be John Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                    X