Your ultimate mobile phone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your ultimate mobile phone...

For fun, what would your ultimate mobile have? Try to make it something that's actually possible.

Mine would basically be an iPhone 4, with the notification system of Android, but with a roughly 4.3" screen (i think, same size as and HTC desire HD anyway) and a slide-out keyboard. Other than that there's nothing I'd really change about the current iPhone.

I've not got experience with many new phones aside from my iPhone 3GS so I'd like everything the 3GS offers but with a longer battery life, perhaps less fragile? a joystick (or decent d pad at worst) and some buttons although I've no idea where they would go and I don't want them as an optional bulky extra.

A slide out keyboard would probably be too small to be any use to me - I dislike typing on a blackberry on the occasions when I have.

Comment

Sorry, had to post it up!

Comment

My Sony W800i.

Makes perfect calls and send texts. All unlimited amounts for a fiver a month.

Comment

My Nokia 5800 but with a faster chip, but somehow the same 7 day battery life.
          Rugged, loud, good calls, GPS, wifi, works with stylus.

Comment

I'd like one that blows up in your face if you use it while driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
              Thats the new wasp with the big 5! .

Id just like the Nokia n9 to be released, looks like such a great phone.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 22-09-2011, 20:20.

Comment

One without shedloads of needless tat that i'll never use.

Comment

Mine would be the Nokia N8 with the Belle upgrade but with all the inbuilt apps converted to use the Qt and QML frameworks. Plus with the TrueBlack display that was on the E7 and C6-01, truly stunning screens those ones. Right there you'd have the best camera phone money can buy with some of the best reception you can get, a solid battery life, and all the features other manufacturers are STILL trying to catch up with. I've yet to see anything on the other handsets that rivals the Symbian^3 homescreen for sheer usability.

Comment

A smartphone where the battery won't die half way through the day.

Comment

Stunned that someone chose something based on Symbian! My E72 was the biggest crock of **** I've ever owned and it's all down to the software. I luuuuuurved the hardware. Anyway, interesting to see the things people find important.

I'd like to add improved battery life to my list along with an open system whereby anyone can develop any app for it without jumping through Apple's hoops and paying them ?99 a year.

Comment

I like my Nexus S just fine.

Comment

Galaxy S is pretty decent.

Comment

After a couple of touchscreen phones I'd go with something with buttons again, far better and always more responsive. To be honest my ideal phone would likely be something quite light of features, there's far too much useless crap in phones these days especially things that other devices I have do in a much better way.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                              Stunned that someone chose something based on Symbian! My E72 was the biggest crock of **** I've ever owned and it's all down to the software. I luuuuuurved the hardware. Anyway, interesting to see the things people find important.

I'd like to add improved battery life to my list along with an open system whereby anyone can develop any app for it without jumping through Apple's hoops and paying them ?99 a year.
                              The E72 was a backwards step from the E71 and had a few issues, although I would say those were S60 issues not Symbian ones. With the Symbian^3 handsets however Nokia stopped stripping down the internal hardware quite so much and gave the OS the processing power to breath. Not that great phones like the 5800 and N97 Mini didn't exist pre-Symbian^3. There's pretty much nothing that Symbian^3 does badly that I can see. Most of the public's problem with the OS is marketing perception. Symbian devices would provide that that improved battery life and open system too .

Comment

Working...
                              X