Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fancy dress help, can you make this or know anyone that will?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fancy dress help, can you make this or know anyone that will?

So, i'm going away with some mates for a weekend in november, one of the nights is fancy dress and the theme is 'naughty'. A few months ago I found this which i'll link to rather than post an image as it's possibly not suitable;

I have to have this costume so as the title says, does anybody have the skills to create this for me? I'm happy to pay well for your time and effort.

After a lot of searching I found a few websites that actually do custom fancy dress, but unfortunately they all declined my request, if nobody here can make it can anybody recommend any sites/shops to visit that may do it, the ones i've asked so far with no joy are;

Every great idea deserves a great domain. Establish your brand by investing in a quality domain name.

wedding confetti, party confetti, throwing confetti, 50 confetti colours, party confetti, table confetti, biodegradable confetti, christening confetti, baby shower confetti,

thanks in advance

That's not "naughty" so much as "disgusting" so you might look like an idiot when your friends turn up as like "the messiah" or something.

Comment

That really made me laugh, did you get any epic replies declining your request ....

The picture is superb - cant be that hard. Just fromt he picture it looks like a thin quilt stitched together with some red paint.

Any good seamstress will be able to do it for you, just dont tell them its a tampon, tell them its a ... errmm well I dunno but anything but a tampon .

Good luck ....

Comment

I was howling, it is disgusting though. Get it made

Comment

If nobody will make it, you could try going for a tampon design instead. Would probably be easier to make, and easier to pretend is something else entirely. Just add the red paint and the bottom string yourself.

Comment

A quited water-proof bedsheet will have the same texture and cushion of a fancy pad (and a nice wrinkling/rustling sound).

Easy to knock up. I have some old mince you could have for added effect.

Comment

I am crying with laughter now :

Click

Comment

6th Post down :

Click

Comment

I've got my heart set on that design, I can't envision how a tampon would be easier to make, plus i'd probably keep tripping over the string. My worry with trying to make it myself is actually making it sturdy as it looks in the photo, I don't want it flopping about like a quilt does, and inner support so it stays in the right position ie not slipping down and having to make constant adjustments so my face remains in the hole, and if i tried it myself it would no doubt look ****e.

Didn't get any noteworthy replies sadly, just a couple of polite declines and one that said there wasn't enough time, it's over 6 weeks away! a couple of sites i didn't post didn't bother replying. I went to the same event last year and just wore a morph suit, in the middle of november, I won't be doing that again!

Comment

If you use a low weight quilt, it wouldn't take much more than a sturdy bit of wire to hold it up and keep everything in place

I still think you'll regret it though

Comment

I can see myself getting at least 1 slap because of it, but it'll be worth it, be interesting to see if any friends delete me once the photo's go up on fb after aswell, but sod em if they're that easily offended! So far I've managed to keep it quiet to all but a few of the 11 of us that are going, all outfits are to be kept secret until the day.

Comment

staple it to some cardboard to support it and retains its shape.

Comment

Been doing some more searching with not much luck, methinks i'll be reluctantly attempting this myself, good idea on the card, quilt shopping tomorrow maybe

Comment

Please video yourself asking a shop assistant the following question: "I'm trying to make a giant sanitary towel, what kind of quilt would be best to use for that?"

Comment

I can make you one, no problem. My fee will be one thousand pounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X