Phones 4U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phones 4U

Looking to get a HTC Titan on monthly contract but only P4U are selling this phone after a quick google the phones 4u reviews are terrible but I really want this phone, does anyone here have any good or bad experiences with p4u...!

Also, I cant understand why none of the big phone companies are selling the Titan...? Can anyone shed any light on this...

Thanks in advance guys

I used to work for them about 8 years ago, and based on that, I'd say avoid

Comment

Got 2 iphone 4s off them a few weeks ago - online service was great. Ordered wednesday, they arrived friday morning all ready to go. Other experiences may vary though.....

Comment

High pressure sales jobs in store, happy to take the time signing you up, utterly useless afterwards. They have quite a reputation and one time when one guy was hassling me to take out another contract in the street, his response to "I can't afford it" was "get a better job" ironic really

Comment

Boris, that was exactly my experience of the company 8 years ago, and it sounds like nothing has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6 View Post
            Also, I cant understand why none of the big phone companies are selling the Titan...? Can anyone shed any light on this...
            It's quite unusual (unless you're in Japan) for manufacturers to be involved with network operators at the initial specification and design of a phone model. It's then up to the manufacturers to sell the operators on the phone once the design has been finalised. They have to prove the phone provides features that warrant inclusion in their range and also go through the network operators individual test labs. If they don't make the cut there and the manufacturers don't fix the issues in time the handsets get dropped. Operators have a limited number of handsets they can carry, market and subsidise so it can also be a case that if you miss your window slot due to such issues they'll drop you regardless.

Comment

You could wait till cex get them (but that might be worse and more costly)

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
                It's quite unusual (unless you're in Japan) for manufacturers to be involved with network operators at the initial specification and design of a phone model. It's then up to the manufacturers to sell the operators on the phone once the design has been finalised. They have to prove the phone provides features that warrant inclusion in their range and also go through the network operators individual test labs. If they don't make the cut there and the manufacturers don't fix the issues in time the handsets get dropped. Operators have a limited number of handsets they can carry, market and subsidise so it can also be a case that if you miss your window slot due to such issues they'll drop you regardless.
                So in other words t mobile, o2,orange, vodafone and 3 didnt like the Titan enough to sell it . Thats worrying for me because the Nokia Lumia is the same OS (windows) and they are all selling it.

Looks like the HTC Radar or the Lumia for me....

Does anyone have a Radar or Lumia to give me their opinion on it ..?

Thanks for the info bluemonkey

Comment

the titan probably just costs them more so they make a smaller mark up, i tried a lumia the other day and ill be honest im seriously considering changing from ios to windows phone (it was that good) i never thought i would have out other than an iphone till i tried it yeah the windows phone is light on apps and the apps do seem pricey but its a silky smooth os and the sat nav on the lumia looked great (not sure if this costs extra though or not)

Comment

This may sound really stupid but how do I know when my contract has run out? I assumed I would get a letter in the post or something after 18 months.

Comment

Fader: phone them up or look on your account online (if you have this).

Comment

Fader = they will send you a renewal date thru your phone normally 1 month from your contract end date .

Comment

Working...
                        X