Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me of is this british weather p*ssing me off (Sky TV!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me of is this british weather p*ssing me off (Sky TV!)

Cos, I just can't get a good stable reception on Sky TV!

No Sky Sports for me, no crap cooking programmes for wife, No Baby TV for babee!!

Any suggestions on getting a better reception??

I live in a my own mortgage free totally detached bungalow and we've already had a high aerial 3 years ago.
    Since then, the property developers have knocked down loads of trees and built a street full of new houses!

Not sure I quite understand the high aerial bit. Have you got a dish? How old is it? We used to have major reception problems that was completely weather dependent (we'd lose signal when it rained, for example) and, mostly, it seemed to be an old and filthy dish. Dish was replaced, everything fixed.

Comment

I'm sure I had to call an external guy to make something higher, I might be wrong. I just remember Sky wasn't gonna stump up the cost.
      It was summat to do with trees blocking the view of where the dish would normally be aligned with.

I think I need to give Sky a call.

Comment

I live in a barn conversion with the dish on the corner and haven't had any interruption, ever. Are you sure the receiver on the dish isn't on its way out?

Comment

I think it's most probably down to the fact you are living mortgage free that always has an effect on reception

It almost certainly needs realigning which Sky will do but most likely not for free, similar thing happened to me last year turns out whenever it was windy a tree was blowing in front of my dish.

Oh and please change the thread title ASAP, for a miserable old OCD sufferer like myself it makes my brain ache.

Comment

Phone Sky, they'll replace your dish. When I had multi-room installed I tried to go on a channel but it was cutting out due to the rain, the guy immediately replaced the dish without us having to ask; I always thought the weather interrupting Sky was normal but I guess not.

Comment

Temporary Fix: Do you have an Xbox 360? We don't even have a dish, just use Sky Player and my parent's account (at their house 30 or 50 miles away) and we get Live Sports/On Demand Movies/Enough so there's always something to watch.

Comment

Working...
              X