Black March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black March

Anyone else seen this doing the rounds??

It's in response to SOPA & PIPA & the closing of Megaupload...

Now that all the back slapping and virtual high-five’ing over making Congress backtrack on SOPA and PIPA is over with one has to wonder what is next because if you think that this is the end of it you are living in a dream world. Either as a reworked bill or just the same thing […]

Anybody else thinking about supporting it or are we all just pissing in the wind & will America finally govern everything we see & do even though we aren't the United States of Great Britain???

Neil

Im sure this is what your trying to say Neil, so succinctly put by Matt Johnson....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHzOG4mJ0PA

Comment

But Street Fighter x Tekken is out in March...and SSX. How's about I buy those and then nothing else ?

Comment

Megaupload=Allegations of Piracy

Comment

Stuff like this pisses me off. How naive are people? The entertainment industry has never been on shakier grounds. The evidence is all around us. New developers shutting their doors every week, good movies failing to make a profit and mainstream sequels being the only thing people dare to produce. It's because of a decrease in general sales that has made it the way it is today. If we are content with nothing but Transformers and The Hangover on the cinema, Call of Duty and Fifa on the game shelves and autotuned models in the record stores, than stunts like these are the way to go. I for one miss the days when there was diversity in the mediums.

Edit:
          Just realized March could be one of my most expensive months in quite some time. There are tons of interesting titles coming out: Mass Effect 3, SSX, Dragons Dogma, 3 Silent Hill games, Mario Party 9, Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tales of Graces F. According to IGN, The Withcer 2 on XBox, Spec Ops The Line and Devils Third are also expected to release before the end of March.
          Last edited by JSR; 23-01-2012, 23:39.

Comment

Getting the whole world to not consume entertainment for an entire month?

There's more chance of me waking up tomorrow morning on Jupiter. If this person wants to make a point, they should probably aim for something achievable.

Comment

Like writing to their local MP

Comment

Dragons Dogma.

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                  Like writing to their local MP

At least that shows willing, this shows that they have no idea what humans are like!

Comment

I've got at least two preorders for March, so...no.

Comment

May help cap my spending so I may do it.

Comment

Won't work and would likely only negatively impact innocent employees and their families anyway as the big companies lay them off to recoup their losses.

Comment

Um... yeah... not going to support this. A part of the entertainment sector mess is because of illegal downloads and them not making profit off of products because of it. Sure, I'll just not buy anything and THAT will help in any way. Anyway, I'm not missing out on SSX or Mass Effect at launch.

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
                            Won't work and would likely only negatively impact innocent employees and their families anyway as the big companies lay them off to recoup their losses.
                            Oh please don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion that this will work because it wont.

I just found it interesting that some people were trying to do Something.

Neil

Comment

It's the same daft idea as trying to get people not buy petrol for a day.

Probably thought up by someone that doesn't play games.

Comment

Working...
                              X