Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for sources/references for a report about Video-Games

Hey guys.
    Just looking for a little assistance. I'm writing a report that's due in by 10th March that requires a lot of research and references.

The report is based around how the media portrays video games and the affect of violent video games on people.
    So I'm looking for any news articles, journals, books etc that could be used to relate who how the media portrays video games. I've been using Sage online to get some journals but I'm trying to get data from other types of publication like news articles, books etc. Whether it's articles suggesting some kid killed someone else because he played GTA or periodicals relating to the whole mass effect sex scene.

any help is greatly appreciated
    Thanks, Ben

You might want to try the Guardian site as they archive a lot of articles online. I know JStor has a huge online journal archive but for some reason they don't allow access to recent (last 5-8? years). There are some psychology article databases, too. Might try searching theregister as well, they cover technology and will probably have some stuff. Disinfo.com, too. Nowadays they will cover almost anything so there's a lot of crap to wade through, but they have good stuff from time to time that the usual places don't cover. They usually repost stories so just follow the trail. Maybe wired and salon.com, too.

Comment

Working...
    X