From screen image to t-shirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From screen image to t-shirt?

Couldn't see an Arts and Crafts forum...

Basically, I've seen an image in a game that I want to put on a t-shirt. It's probably illegal for me to do, so let's say, I'm just wondering if it was possible to get decent result.

I cannot see the image for the life of me on the internet, only in-game. Is it possible to get decent results maybe taking a photograph of the on-screen image and then going from there? I imagine a massive TV screen would be needed for best results?.. Or am I going totally wrong way about it?.. Or should I just shut up?

Emulation?

Comment

True, but I think the image is only in the PS3/360 version of the game. Tis a Sega game, mind. However, I can't find the image anywhere else.

Comment

This is awfully Cryptic, what's the picture?

Comment

My bet's on naked Bayonetta

Comment

Nah, it's the logo of Sega Bass Fishing, displayed only when you highlight it on the XMB. Well, I can't seem to locate the image anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
              Couldn't see an Arts and Crafts forum...
              Basically, I've seen an image in a game that I want to put on a t-shirt. It's probably illegal for me to do, so let's say, I'm just wondering if it was possible to get decent result.
              I cannot see the image for the life of me on the internet, only in-game. Is it possible to get decent results maybe taking a photograph of the on-screen image and then going from there? I imagine a massive TV screen would be needed for best results?.. Or am I going totally wrong way about it?.. Or should I just shut up?
              The best would be to have a vector image of the logo you want, that way you won't have to worry about resolutions and DPIs.
              Never had to prepare images for t-shirt printing, but I doubt they go higher than 72 DPI, so almost every source, even a screengrab, should suffice.
              Emulation, as suggested by Charles, it's probably the less painful way to do so; cutting out the background in Photoshop or equivalent won't take much.

[edit]
              This one?

It' pretty easy to trace in vectors.
              Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 13-03-2012, 18:10.

Comment

Nah, it's the logo of Sega Bass Fishing, displayed only when you highlight it on the XMB. Well, I can't seem to locate the image anywhere else.
                take a picture of it and we can use our leet internet skills to find it or recreate it

Comment

Ah, vectors.

So, trace it in a vectorizing application (Flash or Freehand?), then I will be able to resize the fecker and not lose any quality in resolution?

I used to use Flash to make websites. It had a tracing tool in it, but it wasn't the best... or probably more true is, I couldn't get the best out of it.

I will try to take an photo of it soon.

The Bass Fishing logo I'm referring to is like that, but all rounded up nicely in a retro circle badge look. Hard to describe.
                  Last edited by hudson; 13-03-2012, 18:46.

Comment

So, trace it in a vectorizing application (Flash or Freehand?), then I will be able to resize the fecker and not lose any quality in resolution?
                    That's the gist of it. Freehand has been discontinued, though it will produce an EPS for print use; Flash is able to export to other formats, but it usually creates messy files and limited to RGB...but then again, I doubt t-shirt printers require CMYK files.
                    I'd use Corel Draw or Illustrator for the job; for just vector outlines Photoshop is good enough, though its vector tools aren't up to the programs mentioned earlier.

Comment

Have you tried copying the save game from the PS3 to a USB stick?
                      I could have sworn it copies the icon with it and you can open it on a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                        Have you tried copying the save game from the PS3 to a USB stick?
                        I could have sworn it copies the icon with it and you can open it on a PC.
                        Nice idea, however the icons were not the ones I was after.

Taking a photo is also a no-no, as the background image on the XMB is obstructed by foreground icons etc...

Tried to upload the jpeg here, but it keeps telling me my 65kb jpg file is 'Invalid'.

EDIT: Twitpic'd it...

Double EDIT: Just noticed it says 'MEMBER' and quite in your face about it too.
                        Last edited by hudson; 14-03-2012, 09:46.

Comment

Picture doesn't show

Comment

Working...
                          X