ebay query - buyer asking to retract a bid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay query - buyer asking to retract a bid

A buyer has asked me to retract a bid for him, after showing considerable interest in an item i am selling. He basically says he has found a more complete version of the same item on ebay (its sounds like hogwash because there hasnt been another item of its nature on ebay in the last week or currently on ebay) - he basically has changed his mind and no longer wants it

just looking for some advice

cheers

Are there other bidders? If so, just let him do it. After all the item could sell if there are other bidders but if he wins it looks like he wont pay up. Could be a way to save hassle.

Comment

^Just chalk it down to experience and let him retract it now, rather than him winning the item, not paying and leaving you struggling to get your fees back from eBay (iNsAnElY fRuStRaTiNg!!!!!).

Know it kind of sucks, but saves on stress in the longer term. Not only that, saves you hassle with the buyer, might turn out to be a right weirdo arsehole who'll make things up and report YOU to eBay!

Comment

Yeah I'd just agree, it's not like you will ever force him to pay for it should he win.

I'm pretty sure he could retract it himself if he looked around ebay enough

Comment

Unless eBay have changed the rules on this, I'm fairly sure that if there's more than 12 hours left to run on the auction, he can retract it himself.

Comment

just removed his bid - couldnt be arsed with the heart ache should he win

Comment

Yeah he can remove his own bid. I've had this happen a few times, annoying but hopefully others bid on the item

Comment

Working...
              X