MCM Expo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCM Expo

First of if there is another topic for this then I must apologise as I couldn't find it. So all I really wanted to know is if anyone has gone to this? I'm talking more about the event in London, is it easy to get to? I've never been to any event like this and I'm very excited and slightly nervous at the same time. Also is it a bit of a nightmare getting into the place I heard lines can be up to 2hrs long. If you have know idea what I'm talking about then here is a link http://www.londonexpo.com/

I've been to this.

It is really easy to get to, can't remember what the nearest tube station is but it should just be a couple of changes from most places and you're there.

If you turn up first thing you'll queue to get in. I got there at 11 last time and just walked in but there had obviously been a massive queue.

Speaking of which, brace yourself for overcrowding. On Saturday the event is overcrowded, too noisy, too hot and too smelly. There are just too many people there, to the point where I don't think I'll go again. You struggle to get to look at stalls and you'll be carried along in the crowd. Go later on in the day or go Sunday.

The worst part is the teenage anime fans that act as if they have never been out of the house before. They run about and shout and make little crowds as they compare their Final Fantasy swords made out of foil. There are thousands of them and their shrill voices and unnecessary excitement definitely sour the event since there is almost no room to breathe and the last thing you want is some teenage Bleach fan all up in your face. I don't want to put you off but go in with expectations set for lots of crowds on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      The worst part is the teenage anime fans that act as if they have never been out of the house before. They run about and shout and make little crowds as they compare their Final Fantasy swords made out of foil. There are thousands of them and their shrill voices and unnecessary excitement definitely sour the event since there is almost no room to breathe and the last thing you want is some teenage Bleach fan all up in your face. I don't want to put you off but go in with expectations set for lots of crowds on Saturday.
      As a once teenage anime fan myself I have to say that those people are obnoxious.

It's a nice experience though and I recommend it.

Comment

Thanks for the info, just after I purchased my tickets someone did actually tell the best day to go is Sunday as its a lot quieter then Saturday kinda dreading the overcrowing on Saturday now. I guess the other thing I'll have to keep an eye on is maintenance work on the Underground because I know they seem to like closing a fair bit of the Underground on weekends.

Comment

I went to it last October & it was a good day out.
          But as said it is massively massively busy.

The queues are horrendous.

There is some pretty good Cosplay going on & they all meet up outside during the afternoon so you can go out for some fresh air & sample the cosplay wihotu the crowds.

When I was there last year there was ALOT of Naruto cosply.
          Best one I saw though was a group of about 8 people all in Aliens marines outfit & 2 in full Alien get up.

Getting there & staying till late on a Sunday is best if you can.
          Loads of the stalls start doing stupid deals on merch because they can't be arsed to take it all home again & you can get some sweet bargains

Nearest tube station is on the DLR & you want Customs House then just follow the smell & trail of geeks.

I would be going myself but it's the weekend my wife is due so I won't be allowed to set foot more than 10 feet away from her at all times lol

Hope you have a good time

Neil

Comment

Working...
          X