Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Future

Originally posted by webchat
    [28 Jun 13:55] <@charlesr> today is the day marty mcfly arrives when he travels to the future
    [28 Jun 13:55] <@charlesr> june 27 2012
    !!!!!!!!!!

No, the picture floating around on reddit/twitter/facebook is fake. The real date is October 21, 2015.

Edit: http://mashable.com/2012/06/27/back-to-the-future-hoax/

Comment

Lol the amount of people falling for this is hilarious.

Comment

2015 should be engraved in peoples minds by now surely?

Comment

Bah..

Comment

when it actually comes round, no doubt I'll be going "no losers, it's a fake"

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              2015 should be engraved in peoples minds by now surely?
              I've been thinking this myself. I've not seen the films in well over 10 years, but 2015 is etched into my brain. I'm a little surprised that all of the internet has fallen for this!

Comment

Important things like dates and names (and even what people look like - visualising that is hard) are very hard for me to remember. At christmas I couldn't even remember the name of the Prime minister. As soon as someone tells me though it all comes flooding back. I guess I'm not the only one that suffers from this.

Comment

Comment

Not sure if irony is the right word, but I'm going to use it anyway.

The irony of this is that only earlier today was I moaning about the way "journalists" around the interweb repost stuff they find on other people's site as fact without bother checking the source. E.g. andriasang could make up almost anything and claim it was in famitsu and hours later it would be fact all over the net without anyone batting an eyelid. Like the circle pad pro for the 3DSXL - there's no evidence that this is true apart from andriasang saying so.

Even the link to famitsu's website that is being thrown around as "the source" actually makes no reference to the circle pad.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 28-06-2012, 13:52.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nearly 30 years after the DeLorean factory closed, the vehicle is about to be given a new lease of life as an electric car.

At the very least, the DeLorean is BACK!

(Though out of price range)

Comment

Yeah, was going to say. The original movie was made in 1985, he traveled back to 1955 (minus 30 years), forward to 2015 (plus 30 years) and back to 1885 (minus 100 years).

And charles, Andriasang gets info from the Nikkei Newspapers which is annoying as it's not online and can't be accurately verified. I like trying to disprove things they say on there...

Comment

I've got no problem with andriasang - useful info. 4th hand news where you have to skip through link after link to find the actual source is my current beef.

Comment

Working...
                              X