Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The world in a Million Pictures................ (gifs and pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing he's showing off his l33t muscle control skills rather than trying to bring the lols, amirite?

Comment

I'm sure there was a thread for flash games but I can't find it.

So I'll post here instead: The awesomeness that is Nanaca Crash!

The controls are written in JPN so I'll give a quick run-down of how to play.

When you start the game you'll see a small metre-type thingy with a needle on it. Click the mouse when the needle points at the angle you wish to 'fire'. Once pressed, a throbbing power metre appears and again, click when it's at the required level (timing is crucial here).

What happens next is all kinds of awesome

The idea of the game is to keep your unfortunate victim flying as far as possible. If he collides with a character, various things can happen:
      • Most of the girls will give you a boost;
      • One girl (the miserable looking one with dark hair) will slow you down and also block your next crash with a boost girl;
      • One girl will stop the game
      • The boys will either slow you down or increase the angle you bounce at, which obviously cuts into your horizontal travelling distance.
      When any girl's face lights up on the SPECIAL board, hitting that particular girl will make SPECIAL appear on the screen with an audible warning. Click the mouse fast enough and you'll get a Super Arts-style boost combo Sometimes you can even get specials against the cock-blocker girl or the stop girl for MASSIVE TRAVELLAGE.

There's also a way to alter the angle and speed of bounce slightly. On the upper left of the window is the word AERIAL with two sets of arrows underneath, one red and one blue. The word changes between the two colours (with a dead zone in between) and clicking whilst in mid-air will trigger the appropriate aerial.

The red aerial boost you upwards but you'll lose one of the three crosses next to the arrow. AFAIK there's no way to recover lost crosses. The blue one on the other hand boosts you downward but recharges eventually as you fall or fly upward. There's an element of strategy here in using the boosts to hit or miss certain characters or even just get that little extra assist to break your high score.

The fact I botherd writing this post should be proof enough of its quality, but seriously, if they put this up on WiiWare or even perhaps XBLA I'd pay actual money for it. Top drawer stuff!

Comment

Last edited by Shinebi; 04-02-2008, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
          The fact I botherd writing this post should be proof enough of its quality, but seriously, if they put this up on WiiWare or even perhaps XBLA I'd pay actual money for it. Top drawer stuff!
          Well, you can play it with the Wii browser
          Interesting fact: it's based on a H game. The guy sent flying is the main character (you), the girls are girls you get to "know" during the game.

Comment

Haha Nanaca Crash is ace, best score so far is 6479.92m

Comment

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise? If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

At first it was going anti-clockwise then it started going clockwise.

Not sure what to think.

Comment

Thats excellent. I was SO ready to claim this is a fake and that she does actually turn in different directions randomly, but I sat and watched it for about 5 minutes and I get it now. It's an amazing optical illusion!

Comment

It's constantly going clockwise for me. I can't see it possibly going anti-clockwise at all.

Comment

I've seen that before, and I can see it turning clockwise and have no idea how anyone sees anything else. It really annoys me!

I may be focussing on the wrong part of the picture though which prevents me from seeing her go the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                      I've seen that before, and I can see it turning clockwise and have no idea how anyone sees anything else. It really annoys me!

I may be focussing on the wrong part of the picture though which prevents me from seeing her go the other way.
                      I see it clockwise as well. Can just about get it to reverse if I cover up everything except her feet, but it doesn't stay like that when I remove my hand.

Comment

I was gonna say that. Take a look at her pivoting foot while everything else is covered. It might take a while but you can actually see that instead of her doing a full 360 degree spin, she is actually just moving from side to side! 180 degree spin to reverse 180 degree spin.

Comment

Originally posted by Canton Province View Post
                          she is actually just moving from side to side! 180 degree spin to reverse 180 degree spin.
                          Yep, exactly the same here!

Comment

It's still weird though because even when you know this, and your still just looking at her feet, it sometimes still looks like she's doing a full 360!

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My mind!
                              I cannot see it!
                              It's clockwise for eternity!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                                It's constantly going clockwise for me. I can't see it possibly going anti-clockwise at all.
                                Same here. Strange how some of us see it differently to others.

Originally posted by Canton Province View Post
                                I was gonna say that. Take a look at her pivoting foot while everything else is covered. It might take a while but you can actually see that instead of her doing a full 360 degree spin, she is actually just moving from side to side! 180 degree spin to reverse 180 degree spin.
                                Oh yeah!

This is a head mess.
                                Last edited by MarioMark; 04-02-2008, 18:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X