Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is it acceptable to do while off sick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it acceptable to do while off sick?

Not in work today due to nasty cough and the fact I have lost my voice. I do need to speak to do my job and I keep feeling faint and tired. For some reason though I now feel guilty if I am out the house for any reason, my dog needs walking and I feel well enough to do that, I also have no food in my dinner as I wasnt expecting to be here. Yet, I feel that if people at work asked me what I did when I was ill and I said 'Took the dog to the park and got some food for my dinner.' They would think I was skiving.

Thing is without the food you won't recover so that's a requirement, no one would blame you for getting supplies to help your recovery.

Comment

Play video games all day.

Comment

Game, drink, smoke some bud and order pizza & kebab.

Comment

All-day Tommy Tank?

Comment

Really depends on your job. If I feel well enough to walk about, I feel I should've been at work. Going out to get groceries is often necessary though.

Comment

If you have to speak for work and you can't, you'll only make it worse. Don't do anything physically taxing, watch some movies/play games and lounge about all day. Tell work you didn't even make it off the sofa.

Comment

Something that I think isn't taken into account enough by most people is the effect your taking your contagious nasty into work would have.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                  Something that I think isn't taken into account enough by most people is the effect your taking your contagious nasty into work would have.
                  I totally agree with this the amount of times a simple bug goes around every person in an office just because one bloody martyr came in (and usually did nothing but spread germs and complain) is stupid not to mention counter productive when you take in to account the one or two days they needed off to not be infectious (15 hrs) compared to the multiples of others not even counting how much time is lost just because people feel a little off, it's a total idiot mentality
                  Last edited by ETC; 18-09-2012, 21:33.

Comment

Being off work doesn't mean life stops. My daughter still wants playing with, taking to the park, playing with her toys etc.

Comment

If you spend the day playing games, be careful if you have any work colleagues on your friend list!!

Comment

Well right now I've been out to town, played my 360 the usual stuff etc etc. To be honest tho I dont give a f*ck if they do sack me I've had enough of the place. They'd probab;y be doing me a favour if they did

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                          I totally agree with this the amount of times a simple bug goes around every person in an office just because one bloody martyr came in
                          Depends on the job...I'm no martyr but am hourly paid so day off sick = no money.
                          So I would gladly give the whole company ebola rather than have time off if I can still move!! Unless they fancy paying my rent etc

Comment

A man rings up his workplace and says: "I can't come into work. I'm sick"
                            The boss asks him: "Just how sick are you?"
                            Man: "Well, I'm in bed with my sister..."

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                              Depends on the job...I'm no martyr but am hourly paid so day off sick = no money.
                              So I would gladly give the whole company ebola rather than have time off if I can still move!! Unless they fancy paying my rent etc
                              I can understand that and it's a fair point, I was on about salaried that would get paid if sick or not. If a company doesn't provide properly for employees regarding being paid when sick I can see why you would work regardless hopefully it will hit the CEO

Comment

Working...
                              X