No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I volunteered at Parkrun this morning instead of running to keep the cravings at bay. Relieved myself of some guilt as well since most runners ahead of me In the league table volunteer regularly.

I'm doing a lot of strength work at the mo so it's active recovery for me!

Comment

Anyone take whey protien ? what brands would you reccomend i have tried the holland and barret one but it was not very nice i would rather spend a bit more for a more trusted brand. I know hard work and diet is the main key but could do with a supliment
      Is this one any good Sci-MX Nutrition 100% Ultragen 908 g Chocolate Whey Protein Shake ?23 amazon.co.uk
      I am on a 1000 calorie diet a day, eating 2 small meals breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner,
      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 26-02-2013, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
        Anyonbe take whey protien ? what brands would you reccomend i have tried the holland and barret one but it was not very nice i would rather spend a bit more for a more trusted brand. I know hard work and diet is the main key but could do with a supliment
        Is this one any good Sci-MX Nutrition 100% Ultragen 908 g Chocolate Whey Protein Shake ?23 amazon.co.uk
        I am on a 1000 calorie diet a day, eating 2 small meals breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner,

Comment

Thats a diet whey protien do they actually work ?

I am 17 stone 6.2 how many shakes should i have a day,
          1 straight after workout , but should i have one before bed and in the morning ? ehats the most effective way?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
            Anyone take whey protien ? what brands would you reccomend i have tried the holland and barret one but it was not very nice i would rather spend a bit more for a more trusted brand. I know hard work and diet is the main key but could do with a supliment
            I used this for a few years:

Gets the job done and tastes lovely.

I'd take one with my breakfast, one mid-day, and one after a decent workout later on.

Comment

Thanks for the links, i bought the Sci-MX Nutrition from amazon directly, and it had a pin hole on the seal :S

is this normal or should i return immediatly , the worrying thing is i took some this morning and i was putting some ready to take to the gym and i noticed this pin hole in the daylight.

Comment

Foot is feeling LOADS better and went out for a very short race pace run earlier to stay loose. Everything felt right and just fell into place.

Agreed with my running buddy for the Bath Half that if I can't keep up with him at our target pace, I'd fall back and take it easy. Weather looks like it's going to be perfect for Sunday, basically being dry, sunny and cool.

Comment

So should i buy a fat burner to go with a whey protein and creatine?

Comment

I've been talked into doing a Super Spartan Race this year, anyone done one in the past?

Comment

Those look totally crazy. Should be fun. Maybe

Comment

Yeah, i'm excited but scared

Comment

Boom! New half marathon PB of 1:37:14 (was aiming for 1:38:30) scored at the Bath Half! Foot didn't give me any jip and I had a quick chat with Dermot O'Leary out on the course.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

I'm still riding the PB train and blew my 5k Parkrun record out of the water with a 20:22 finish today, over 15 seconds faster than the last attempt.

My running buddy/rival and I were still buzzing from our massive Bath Half PB last weekend, so we set ourselves a target of 20:20, averaging out at 6:32 minutes per mile. I only went and shot off and nailed the first mile in 6:19, slipping to 6:35 and then 6:43 for the final mile. Thankfully, I managed to muster up some strength for the final sprint to bring my time back down.

Have a slow and steady 14 miler planned tomorrow to get back into marathon training - only 6 weeks to go until the big day!

Comment

Done my back in (no idea how). Saw the physio and she said it was gradual build up of lots of things and my spine is really tight. Hunched over a laptop for work and then hunched over a bike recently. And then hunched over a lawnmower with my son helping push underneath me so I'm leaning forwards which must have triggered it off. Couldn't breathe deeply with my back spasming each time. Massively painful.

I got a lindy kvm so I can use the keyboard mouse and monitor for my laptop and can also move the mouse from the monitor to the laptop screen where I've put messenger stuff. and then switch back to the PC at the touch of a button. Pretty cool. Wish I'd got one years ago. It was flickering for a while on the laptop but then realised the refresh settings were too low - once I'd set the laptop to properly recognise the PnP monitor model and set 75Hz, it was fine.

And a new mattress. My old one was 7 years old and sagging, so my spine had no support, again causing my to hunch all night long because I'm in a dip...

Posture has decayed so I'm doing exercises every 20 mins.

Hopefully sorted by the time my new MTB arrives. Hopefully won't pile on too many pounds in the interim - can't exercise atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X