No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate to get back out on my bike after being of it since 1st aug when I had a huge off in Scotland and broke my collar bone, ribs and wrecked my thigh (still a weird shape). Did 15 miles and crashed on the last 30 meters onto rocks you couldn’t make it up

bone didn’t heal and developed a frozen shoulder, had an op at the end of Nov to plate the bone and fix the shoulder. So been doing physio to help with movement, but I don’t think it’s helping as I can feel the metal and it hurts like crazy at times. Started doing some light weights to help with strengthening it before my next check up on 7th jan. Hope fully the X-ray will show it’s healed and not need to have the plate removed (which is my worst fear) due to the pain as that would be another 3 months off work minimum

whats really difficult is i walk between15-25 miles a night at work and pretty active as well. So being stuck in the house and off work for 5 months has been a real struggle tbh

Comment

That's rough, fingers crossed for you when you have your next check-up.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        It was horrific
        Rivers of mud.
        1 mile vertical.
        6.5hrs.
        Well done Charlesr. 35miles was the longest I’ve been able to run for in one go before my body just gave up, that was in wales around the Helvellyn area, that terrain is no joke.

My mate used to do 50miles a few times a year, its a serious commitment to keep that kind of fitness up.

Comment

Cheers. The 50k was a qualifier for a 50miler

Comment

Also erm, I didn't have fitness. Longest I'd run regularly was about 6 miles
            It was tough

Comment

Fifty miles is immense, what sort of time would that take.

Comment

When I was fit, I was aiming at 8.5 hours. Lots of hills but in the dry. Elite winner will do 5.45 which is mind altering. I mean seriously Wtf. If I can get vaguely fitter by April I'm hoping for 10 hours. I'm still coming back to fitness after a long time not training properly after the ladder and op.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your injury [MENTION=11000]tyjay[/MENTION]. And [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION], what "ladder"?

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your injury @tyjay. And @charlesr, what "ladder"?

Thanks dude getting there slowly, but getting there haha
                    pic of the plate they put in

Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.
                    Last edited by tyjay; 13-01-2022, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by tyjay View Post
                      Thanks dude getting there slowly, but getting there haha
                      pic of the plate they put in

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...NEhtTSbs9_235G
                      No pic for me on that link?
                      Anyway, the description sounds really nasty. Hope it heals well. Hope it doesn't trouble you too much as you age, from what I've seen, catastrophic injuries often heal kind of okay when you're young-ish, but bite back hard in the senior years.
                      My dad's back injury from the 70s was one of the two things listed on his death certificate in 2015 as major contributing factors (kidney damage).

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
                        No pic for me on that link?
                        Anyway, the description sounds really nasty. Hope it heals well. Hope it doesn't trouble you too much as you age, from what I've seen, catastrophic injuries often heal kind of okay when you're young-ish, but bite back hard in the senior years.
                        My dad's back injury from the 70s was one of the two things listed on his death certificate in 2015 as major contributing factors (kidney damage).
                        Weird it works when I click it
                        yeah it’s certainly taking its time to heal add in covid at new year, and now a skin infection which is terrible and on 12 tablets a day trying to clear it. It’s never ending haha ��

whats best way way to embed photos please

Comment

You'd have to "share" the pic and then change the option to "anyone with link can view".

Hope all goes well with time dude.

I fell off a ladder at the end of 2018. Haven't done much running since then. MRI in August 2019. Meniscus tear. Op scheduled for March 23rd 2020. Lockdown put a stop to that. Eventually got lucky with op in October 2020. Been gradually getting back to it since then.

Comment

[MENTION=11000]tyjay[/MENTION] there appears to be a parasitic organism feeding off you!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              @tyjay there appears to be a parasitic organism feeding off you!

Yeah ah looks like it and feels like it at times

Comment

Working...
                              X