No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear you've thrown your back out, Charles. Why, oh why does injury have to happen!

Comment

Well I thought I'd post about my recent weight loss exploits... Basically I've been training pretty hard since April last year trying to lose my weight...

So far so good!! 31kg gone since then!! I must admit I've been fortunate to have a personal trainer who's been instrumental in keeping me going... I've been more or less sticking to 1700 calories per day but with no specific diet plan set... I've found I love running, swimming and the gym in general - something I'd never even thought about before!

Course my next goal is to add some definition to my body and of course for that I'm going to continue with my PT stepping up to 5 times a week with him and 2 swimming sessions..

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits!!

As I continue to make strides into a new life and new body I will keep you all posted!!

Comment

Tremendous achievement, well done!

Comment

Thread won!

Comment

Many thanks guys for your kind words guys! Course it's more shocking how large I got myself to in the first place - but at least at 27 I've got time to sort it and live a healthy lifestyle.

next set of pics will be with a six pack haha!!

Comment

Wow, great work fella!

Comment

Excellent work and determination! Keep us posted on how it goes!

Comment

Meant to post to say it before, but good work Sho!

An update: I got me some Withings WS-30 scales and I am liking them very much. Just what I wanted (read: needed) - a 10 second non-inconvenience every day that I can then disect the results of at my own leisure. Way easier than having to Now holding off for their Activity monitor too, which I understand was shown at CES and is meant to do heart rate monitoring as well as steps, sleep quality and so on. After being initially positive about the Nike Fuelband, I was put off comments here lead me to reading about its sketchy logic for calculating "fuel" (plus it giving huge rewards for wanking felt like I would've been abusing the system (and abusing Nike's system, snarf)).

Nothing as dramatic as in previous posts, but I'm losing weight at a decent and yet comfortable pace. If I can shift 30 kilos by the end of the year I'll be a very happy man

Comment

Good stuff fuse. I'm sure you'll lose whatever you want by the end of the year.

Comment

I just bought: 'PhD Strawberry Cr?me Flavoured Diet Whey Protein Powder 1kg' by PhD to try, what other supliments and vitamins should i take ?

Comment

Been using my new Jack Russell bitch as a strength tool, she's got this Santa toy and she plays tug of war with it and I can't believe how strong she is! A couple of tries and the veins start to pop out on one's arms! Plus, it's fun and the dog's having a play and getting some exercise, it's a win-win situation.

Comment

Only three weeks left until the London Marathon, so I thought I'd post an update.

My mysterious foot injury from 5-6 weeks ago disappeared entirely so I'm back to full strength. I completed my longest run of 21 miles last week in the snow and have a hilly 18 miler planned for Sunday; in total, that makes six sessions of long runs that have been over 18 miles and almost weekly regular long runs that have been 15-17 milers over the last year.

The snow has left behind plenty of treacherous ice so I've temporarily signed back up with my gym. I haven't trained on a treadmill since October and it was a slightly alien experience, though it's proven to be quite useful for intervals and has given my joints a break from the pavement pounding. I won't keep this up for too long though, for fear that my legs will forget how to react to harder surfaces.

I'm feeling good about the big race and my target of 3:30 seems reasonable enough, with pacing calculators telling me I can do 3:20 based on my recent 5k and half marathon performances. My hotel has been booked for months along with a table for dinner; the only faff is having to get to ExCeL to collect my race number on the Saturday before.

Roll on Sunday 21st of April.

Comment

Nice one Taka. Exciting times! The ExCeL thing is quite good.

As for my fitness, my back pain is almost gone, but I have a trapped nerve. Sciatica sucks badly. It's so painful. Never had it before. I can't walk Toes feel like the have been bashed with a hammer and are now being set on fire.

On the plus side, I'm now much more aware of my (rubbish) posture and am going to sort myself out.

Comment

Sorry to hear you're suffering from injury so often at the moment, Charles. I need to work on core strength in the future because I suffer from poor posture, thanks to a desk job.

Did Cardiff Parkrun today and blasted out a new PB of 20:12 in the process. Set out too hard at the beginning, clocking an immediate pace of 5:55 at one stage! Started to lose it towards the end where my third mile came in almost over 15 seconds slower than my first two, which otherwise would have set me up for that legendary sub-20 5k!

Comment

Got my last Parkrun planned for tomorrow before the London Marathon next week. Planning to PB to get a dose of angry speed in my legs. On Sunday, I have my last longer run planned of just 9 miles. It's all getting real now...

Comment

Working...
                                X