No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After over 2 months without a fresh Parkrun PB at my home event, I finally scored a new 5k time almost 20 seconds faster than my last for a 20:03 finish (19:54 according to my GPS, point to point).

I've been working on my speed, throwing in intervals, tempo and fartlek throughout the week and have capped my long Sunday runs to 9-10 miles. I also increased my warm-up today to 1.5 miles easy, with 5 minutes at half marathon pace and 200m at faster than 5k pace. I was feeling good for the first 2 miles and only started to struggle and grit my teeth during mile 3 to hang on to the pace, finishing with a manic, arms flailing sprint.

Possibly going to Manchester tomorrow to cheer a friend on in the 10k and hopefully catch a few snaps of Haile Gebrselassie.

Comment

I just got back from Runners Need near me and they did the treadmill thing. Came away with a pair of mid-price (?72) ASICS.

Need to get cracking on the routine again this weekend as the run is coming!!

Comment

Lost a pound this week. Is that good (healthy) progress?

Comment

Yeah kit. A pound is good. If you want to shift weight fast, you can lose 4lb in a week, or more if you are really heavy, but a lb a week is good progress. In it for the long haul.

Mr Ono, have you managed to keep up the momentum?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Yeah kit. A pound is good. If you want to shift weight fast, you can lose 4lb in a week, or more if you are really heavy, but a lb a week is good progress. In it for the long haul.
            4lb would be amaze. Pure cardio though?

I'm clocking 60-80 pushups a day (morning before food) and going on 1 run a week atm. My diet is as good as it's going to get.

I can step up the exercise though. Just need to know where to apply myself.

Comment

Run is next Tuesday and only managed to get out 4 times in 2 weeks! Have been walking quite a bit though.

Did one this morning and can feel a bit more stamina in there but it is really my lungs that give up rather than my legs.

Took 2 mins off my 2km run though by pushing myself a bit more. Shagged beyond belief after. May go out again later today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono View Post
                Run is next Tuesday and only managed to get out 4 times in 2 weeks! Have been walking quite a bit though.

Did one this morning and can feel a bit more stamina in there but it is really my lungs that give up rather than my legs.

Took 2 mins off my 2km run though by pushing myself a bit more. Shagged beyond belief after. May go out again later today.
                2 minutes off 2km is a great effort, well done there!

Try not to push hard on every run, or your body will become fatigued (look up "over training") and recovery will take longer.

Did my 50th Parkrun today and should get my 50 Club Adidas t-shirt soon! Also went for a sub-20 minute 5k attempt. I came home with a PB of 20:02, 1 second faster than last week. Have a 10k road race lined up next week, so a PB attempt of a different kind.

Comment

For anyone looking for an alternative way to get fit:

Comment

All that video needs is a drunken western outlaw with a mouthful of chewin tobbacy to open fire with his six guns at her feet.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                      All that video needs is a drunken western outlaw with a mouthful of chewin tobbacy to open fire with his six guns at her feet.

It needs an old lady Camel toe warning!

Comment

Dirty boy!

Comment

Well, I just got back from my run in the City.

I was confident about running the mild 2km which is what I had trained for but it turned out to be 3km! Killed me. Got passed the 2km mark in my normal training time but the last 1km was too much. Had to walk a lot of it as my chest was bursting.

Ended up with a crap overall time but enjoyed it. Will try to up my game and aim for a 5km run in the future.

Comment

Well done for completing it. Now's the time to keep the momentum up so that it becomes routine.

Comment

Fantastic work Mr Ono!

As Taka said, make it a habit now. Get up 30 mins earlier and do it then. I got up at 6.10 today to fit in an 8 miler.

Comment

I'm doing an open water rowing marathon on Saturday, just thought I'd share that.

Comment

Working...
                                X