No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost 4lbs this week according to the hottest health care professional I have ever met.

*drops mic and walks off*

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Lost 4lbs this week according to the hottest health care professional I have ever met.

*drops mic and walks off*
      Great effort, Kit. Has the hottie motivated you to keep at it?

Gonna try again for a sub-20 minute 5k at tomorrow's Parkrun. Possibly foolish considering I have a hilly 10k road race on Sunday, but I'm not confident I can PB at that anyway, so I'd rather walk away this weekend with something rather than nothing...

Comment

I'm pretty sure you are going to get 19:48 tomorrow. Go for it!

Comment

Fluffed it up, Charles. Started the race feeling tired and did the first mile slightly too fast and faded as it went on, finishing in 20:06. 3rd best time ever, but still the wrong side of 20 minutes.

Gonna take it easy today so that I go into tomorrow's 10k feeling fresher.

Comment

Oh god I feel like ****. Rowing race ended up just being 24 miles, so not a marathon. Sea state was horrible the entire way which made a slog a bitterly difficult one! End result 4hrs 40 minutes. My hands are ****ed, legs are ****ed, head is ****ed....ugh, one of the most painful things I've ever done. Next one in two weeks time

Comment

Good job, Pete. 24 miles of rowing is still a tough ask. Smash it on the next outing!

Beat my 10k PB with a 42:52 finish on a hilly route with 66m of ascent and 181m max elevation. Could have gone sub-42 minutes on a flat course I reckon. A couple of good duels out on the course and a 3 person smackdown during a sprint for the home straight.

Comment

A friend of mine did a 10k river swim. 2h44m. Amazing. We all thought he was some unfit fat bloke.

Nice one Pete. Rather you than me.
                And Taka. You PB so often!

I went for a ride in the woods this morning. Came 6th out of 187 on a 1.1mile Strava segment: http://app.strava.com/activities/59157807#1100041203

Comment

I don't race 10k often, so I've yet to peak at the distance. I had some good folks around me for pacing and slip streaming, which also helped. That and I'm incredibly competitive!

I just opened up my bag and I packed a shot of concentrated beetroot juice that I'd forgotten to drink! Which raises the question of whether it's a placebo or truly does help my performance.
                  Last edited by Taka; 09-06-2013, 19:49.

Comment

Running today I got a real bad stitch that took ages to shift. I do not often get stitches but they seem to appear when I can't get into my breathing. It was so bad I had to stop a couple of times.

Any tips for ensuring stitches do not occur or it is something that just happens every now and then?

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                      Great effort, Kit. Has the hottie motivated you to keep at it?
                      If I'm honest it's been my new mirror lol

I see myself all fat in the mirror and it makes me want to train.

Oh, and the fact she's asked what my name is two weeks in a row is probably a good indicator of the chances I have there!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start To Begin' View Post
                        Running today I got a real bad stitch that took ages to shift. I do not often get stitches but they seem to appear when I can't get into my breathing. It was so bad I had to stop a couple of times.

Any tips for ensuring stitches do not occur or it is something that just happens every now and then?
                        For me, it's either eating or drinking too much shortly beforehand, or going too fast at the start so that my HR goes sky high. Once they come, I have to slow right down or walk immediately If I don't eventually I can't breathe. I can normally tell they are coming by a pain in my shoulder (yes really).

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          For me, it's either eating or drinking too much shortly beforehand, or going too fast at the start so that my HR goes sky high. Once they come, I have to slow right down or walk immediately If I don't eventually I can't breathe. I can normally tell they are coming by a pain in my shoulder (yes really).
                          Cheers, I think I started too fast.

Would that pain be a 'cold type' pain in your right shoulder?

Comment

Likewise, I occasionally get a stitch when I go out too hard and I don't control my breathing. Also like Charles, if I eat too soon or too much before a run then I'm more likely o get a stitch. Sometimes what I eat will have an impact too, so I try and eat easy to digest carbs before I run now, such as white bread.

Comment

I ge the stitch on the right normally and the pain is in the left shoulder. It's a bit like being stabbed with a pin but milder. Raising my arms above my head can help ease the stitch and also trying to bend over and look at the floor. Not at the same time though. You'd think by now science would have figured stiches out

Comment

This week I started getting pain when running in my legs - lower leg between knee and ankle, at the front. It happens more at the start of my run as I'm usually going uphill through a field at that point and the ground is really hard. From googling I'm thinking it sounds like shin splints? Any ideas from your guys experiences?

Comment

Working...
                                X