No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming last year was the first proper year of running again after several years of lay-off, people more learned than me reckon you can continue to improve for 6 - 8 years with consistent training.

I'm thinking of training for the mile again, spurred on by Marathon Talk's Mile Madness campaign. I reckon the speed and intensity would filter down to my other distances.

Comment

adidas have entered me in their team for the Thunder Run 24hr. I had better ramp up the training

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Hoorah - I have been waiting for this little sucker to come out after its showing at CES this year, and now it is upon us. I'm already a bit of an advocate for the Withings scales, so I'm hoping these work nicely in harmony.
        Interesting. I have the Withings scales, and was looking for something similar to the Fitbit Flex.

Let us know what you think of it!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          adidas have entered me in their team for the Thunder Run 24hr. I had better ramp up the training
          Nice!

It's meant to be an amazing event from what a friend that participated in it last year tells me. How many have you got in the Adidas team?

Comment

Not sure yet. 5 or 8. I'm guessing. At least 3 runs each
            Can you put you friend in touch with me - could do with some hints!
            http://simonfreeman.co.uk/ << He's running. He can do a 2:37marathon... lol.
            I'll be taking up the middle ground somewhere, churning out 42minute 10ks. I won't be the slowest.

Comment

Charles you are nuts. Nuts. Someone had to say it just reading your exploits makes me knackered

Comment

Not sure yet. 5 or 8. I'm guessing. At least 3 runs each
                Can you put you friend in touch with me - could do with some hints!
                http://simonfreeman.co.uk/ << He's running. He can do a 2:37marathon... lol.
                I'll be taking up the middle ground somewhere, churning out 42minute 10ks. I won't be the slowest.
                Drop my friend Kevin a tweet via Twitter using @kevyates. I believe he's running it again this year with his club, Lordshill Runners.

Comment

Cheers !

I did 2 runs today. 4km before work and 10km while the kids were at kung fu.

Comment

I really, really didn't have any competitive mojo in me at today's Parkrun, finishing 35 seconds slower than the average of my last 6 runs. I was breathing hard much sooner than usual and that's when the wheels started coming off. Still finished 51st out of 342, so not too bad because everybody else seemed to be off as well.

Thinking of shifting my Nike GPS watch on to eBay and upgrading to the Garmin 910xt triathlon watch. No need for the cycle or swim modes but the run mode is identical to the FR610 without the gimmicky touch screen stuff and actually is water resistant.

Comment

Was it hotter than usual?

Comment

Not noticeably. It was hotter a few weeks ago when I cracked out 20:03 and 20:02 in quick succession.

Comment

Scarfell done. Such aweful conditions. Hot, humid, poring with rain and blowing a Gail up there. Meant waterproofs were useless, but it's done now.

Comment

Well done fishbowlhead! Sounds serious!

My adios boost arrived.
                            Note: adios 2 are my fave shoes ever.

These adios boost are better. As soon as I trotted off down the road it was obvious these are the future. They feel so natural. I haven't managed to compose my thoughts yet and instead just enjoyed the runs I've done. I'll try and get it into some proper words soon.

They only had 11.5 and I'm a 12 in adios 2, so I wasn't expecting them to fit, but they are identical inside for length.
                            The adios 2 have a pronounced toe curl-up, whereas the boost are much flatter at the front. The techfit design is making direct comparison tricky, especially at the front.

I did an 8km interval training run in them as my second run (1km intervals at max with recovery walks and jogs until heart rate had dropped to 125). My feet are fine to day - so these are ready to race from day1, with no bedding in time needed. I think this is a combination of the sprintweb and the boost. So good.

Also, I was expecting my legs to be absolutely battered today, but they are surprisingly doing well, with just an all over ache and no soreness.
                            Last edited by charlesr; 06-07-2013, 15:24.

Comment

Congrats to Taka on smashing the 20min 5k barrier!

Comment

Congrats to Taka on smashing the 20min 5k barrier!
                                Thanks Charles! Bloody hard work out there and had to run on my own for a while, so I'm glad I could maintain the pace. Photo from the final 100m going all out:

Quite happy to now stay around 19:50 - 19:59 for a while and become accustomed to the pace. Will hopefully hit 19:30 in the autumn after I start hitting the track with a buddy of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X