Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
    Apologies the values look a bit scrambled it didn't preserve formatting!
    Yeah, for some reason I don't understand the forum gets rid of multiple spaces.

Comment

Glad you had a good time at the Thunder Run, Charles.

You might want to listen to this week's Marathon Talk where they had their own team running.

Aimed to do 5 x 1k intervals yesterday at just faster than 5k race pace (3:55 per km) and I had to stop after 3 reps. I think I need to increase the recovery to 90 seconds or possibly decrease the reps to 800m.

Comment

After a year off and 19 runs recorded, add a few weeks of much slower paced runs before that, I'm back down to 28min average 5k runs, though that includes a beastly hill of over 1.5k to really increase heart rate. My aim in the next 2 months is to be down to 5min k's, which with my diet going how it is I'm sure will be doable.

Finally starting to feel myself a bit more every week, though my days of a sub 7min 1.5mile sprint seem a lifetime ago

Comment

Sounds great dude. Have fun aling the way.

Comment

Exercise bike turned up this morning- got it assembled and did 5km to start with. Not bad! Legs feel like they've had their first workout for years.

Comment

16km by the end of the day, 10km in just under 20 minutes at the end. No frame of reference but I think I need to get that time down a bit!

Comment

I think you need to ease into it gently so you don't injure yourself

Comment

I am, that was just on a lower setting and broken up into two sessions at either end of the day. Warm up exercises too.

Comment

Well done charlesr . How many loops did you manage in the end then? It's quite a challenge.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-08-2013, 06:46.

Comment

I did 4 laps. 1 at 6pm, 1 at 7.30pm and then another 2 in the morning at 7am and 9am. Totally crazy speeds (considering the conditions)

Comment

All my posts in this thread have been lost post Database-fix. Including last weekends triumphant posting. So I'll just have to recap it all again.

So today I ran my 6th Parkrun. Last weekend when I ran the Southend course in 19:17, Taka asked what did I think it would take to run sub 19. I replied "new shoes that haven't been ran in for 900+ miles?". So I treated myself to a pair of Adidas Adios 2 (?50 @ Wiggle.com, can afford to pick up a second pair now) and gave them their first proper run out this morning. I didn't run sub 19 but where as last weeks Southend course is completely flat, my home Colchester event is very hilly so I was hoping for around 19:40/50 and thus was pretty surprised and happy to discover I ran 19:20! Forgive my dramatics but Wow! Decent shoes really do make a difference!!

I'm kind of itching to get back to the Southend course now but it won't be for a month or two. Not sure a weekly 5k race is actually contributing much physically to my marathon training but then seeing the Parkrun improvement always spurs me on for the training over the other 4 days I'm out.

Colchester Castle parkrun 03/08/2013 19:20 9th
                        Southend parkrun 27/07/2013 19:17 5th
                        Colchester Castle parkrun 13/07/2013 19:53 12th
                        Colchester Castle parkrun 06/07/2013 20:05 11th
                        Colchester Castle parkrun 29/06/2013 21:07 11th
                        Colchester Castle parkrun 22/06/2013 21:20 30th

Where did you Parkrun tour take you to today Taka?
                        Last edited by Mr M0by; 03-08-2013, 21:09.

Comment

You'll fly at Southend in the Adizeros. Great effort at Colchester today; what finish position were you?

I was volunteering as a marshal today at my home course due to visiting London immediately afterwards. I don't volunteer often but really enjoy when I do, cheering people on. It's a chance to see everybody from the speedsters to the people walking with the tail runner. Speaking of speedsters, the top 3 were a bloke and a girl for joint first and a girl for third; it's normally just blokes in the top 10 finishers.

I was in London this afternoon for an appointment at the Asics Running Lab. They measured me from head to toe for muscle, fat, flexibility, leg alignment etc. They also videoed me whilst I ran on the treadmill, hooked up to their gas meter to measure my anaerobic threshold (my mistake thinking they'd go all the way to VO2max). Some really interesting results, especially the rate at which I develop lactic acid versus my heart rate. My heart rate was low throughout, yet I reach my anaerobic threshold quite early where it then steadies out and remains fairly constant the faster I went. Debrief suggested I have a bias towards speed right now and have trained myself to tolerate my lower lactic threshold versus having the ability to increase my lactic threshold if that makes sense. I'll receive a 50 page detailed report in the post later next week with more detailed explanations and recommendations, most important of which are threshold and tempo runs!
                          Last edited by Taka; 03-08-2013, 21:48.

Comment

Mr M0by, please add your shoe review here: http://gearselected.com/adidas-adize...-running-shoe/

Taka, that sounds great!

Comment

Seems like a relevant place to point out I am currently cheering on (from bed, via the Internet ) my cousin for a 100k ultra-marathon in Stockholm. He is currently leading, and well on course to beat his target time of sub-7h

Comment

Working...
                              X