No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub-7??! Wonder what his regular marathon time would be...

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
      You'll fly at Southend in the Adizeros. Great effort at Colchester today; what finish position were you?
      9th. Some weeks that time would be good enough for 4th or 5th (19:17 on the faster Southend course was 5th last week) but then I guess the faster/regular runners have races every other Saturday so their attendance at Parkruns is a little more sporadic.

How did you arrange the Asics Running Lab session? How much was it? Or is it 'free' with a purchase of a certain value? If the latter, I suppose I could put aside my Adidas fanboyism to get an Asics top.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Mr M0by, please add your shoe review here: http://gearselected.com/adidas-adize...-running-shoe/
      Will do but I think I need to run a fair few more miles in them yet first. I intend to get another pair prior to the marathon though. 11 weeks today! Until then I think I'm going to limit the use of this pair and alternate with my 'old trusty' Nikes for the midweek runs.
      Last edited by Mr M0by; 04-08-2013, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka View Post
        Sub-7??! Wonder what his regular marathon time would be...
        His PB is just under 2:20. He ended up winning this 100k in 6:40:14, supposedly the 5th fastest Brit ever at that distance! In awe.

Comment

M0by - It wasn't cheap at ?140 (temporary discount from ?200) and is booked through the store directly. They apparently run it as a loss leader (!) and did try to sell me a pair of shoes at the end with my foot data. For the running nutters like us, it's a great idea for birthday and Christmas and can help reveal your true potential. I'll write a blog entry when I get the report and will provide a link with the results and my thoughts etc.

If you tactically choose the venue, I'd dare say you may even win a Parkrun.

Fuse - 2:20 marathon PB is immense! That's like borderline elite standard. Superb time for the ultra; you and your family must be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            His PB is just under 2:20. He ended up winning this 100k in 6:40:14, supposedly the 5th fastest Brit ever at that distance! In awe.
            Absolutely, completely, immense.

Comment

I'm going to interview him at the end of the week after he's had a few days break to recover

Comment

OOoo Flyknit upper sock with free flex soles. I'll make my mind up which shoe to get one day.

Comment

For those interested, a report of my results from my recent visit to the Asics Running Lab in London.

Comment

That was really interesting. To be honest I think them getting only 5 mins away from your Bath PB was pretty good.

I reckon you could work on keeping your elbows more at 90? which would also prevent your arms from going too far back via "where on earth are my hands?"

Do they change the tests at all depending on heel vs forefoot?

Comment

Yeah, my Bath PB was achieved through plenty of 18 - 20 mile long runs for the London Marathon, so I suppose it is a fair reflection of my aerobic capacity right now.

I suffer from this awful problem I call "t-rex arms" when I'm really tired in a race, where my hands and arms are almost doing a doggy paddle motion when I run.

As far as I was aware, the tests are the same whether you're a heel striker or not. Looking at how much higher my cadence is compared to the average. I'm just waiting for a response from them regarding where the average data comes from, whether it's an average of the individuals they've tested or whether it's an average of a measured population collected over time.

Comment

18:53!!!

Another 27 seconds off Colchester Castle park run...

Taka, I look forward to reading your report with interest when I get home.
                        Last edited by Mr M0by; 10-08-2013, 08:43.

Comment

Man, that's fast. I see Taka smashed his PB too

My hamstring is getting there. I'm leaving it till next weekend now. I'm going to be so out of shape after 3 weeks off.

I'm going to build up really slow, with no more than 3 gentle miles per days in the first week and see how it feels.

Comment

Well done, M0by! Sub-19 is a great achievement - really pleased for you! Did you say you were a club runner? If not then that's some great quality running from you.

Indeed, as Charles says I PBd with 19:36 this morning on my home course by 21 seconds! Beats my all time Parkrun PB by some 17 seconds too!

Legs felt tired after a great 5 x 800m interval sesh on Thursday, coupled with some leg strength work based on Asics' recommendations. But I hadn't raced hard for 2 weeks so I felt fresh and determined. First 1.5 miles were good, just a few seconds ahead of goal pace and I managed to catch up to 2 regulars that I know can run sub 19:40 even on a bad day. I asked if I could pace with them and they welcomed me in and I hung on to them until mile 3, where they ushered me on to smash the last 400m. Closed my eyes and gritted my teeth, absolutely going for it! Crossed the line and collapsed in a heap on the grass but I didn't feel quite as destroyed when I did 19:57 a few weeks ago so I'm definitely capable of a bit more.

Scored a new mile PB of 6:10 somewhere amongst all that too.

Think I've earned myself an afternoon off watching the Moscow athletics!

Comment

Impressive women's marathon at Moscow. Dull course and blistering heat an easy marathon does not make. Felt really bad for the Italian lass that lead the way for most of the race, only for Edna Kipligat to sit on her shoulder and pip her to the finish. Impressive strength from the Japanese girl too to fight back into contention. They were all averaging around 17 minutes per 5k, which would usually win the Parkruns I attend!

Bloody pleased for Mo to beat his rival Jeilan in the 10,000m from 2 years ago. Really excited to see what he's capable of in next year's London Marathon.

Entered the New York Road Runners Dash to the Finish Line 5k for when I'm there in late October/early November. Will be running majority of the last 3 miles of the NY Marathon that takes place the day after. Starts at 8:30am so I'll treat it as my weekly Parkrun substitute whilst I'm out there hehe.
                              Last edited by Taka; 11-08-2013, 08:24.

Comment

How did you get on today, M0by?

Wasn't looking to run myself into the ground today, wishing to save myself for a sub-19:30 PB smackdown at Cardiff Parkrun next way.

Managed to finish with 19:53; a joint second fastest Parkrun time so I'm consistently hitting sub-20 now.

Looking forward to the men's marathon championships; shame there's no GB runners. Mo's 5,000m final was tremendous and I'm hoping he can reignite GB marathon running next year in London.

Comment

Working...
                                X