Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taka View Post
    That's not too far off a sub-20 5k, so good going!
    Cheers. I still had gas in the tank so next time I'll try 5K. I am still trying to decide on some new trainers which should see me go faster. My brother recently went for these and swears by them:-

Brooks Pureconnect 2

I like them for the Ninja joe!

Comment

2.5k at 9:50 secs then a double stitch ends the run.

I must have started too fast but then if you want a fast time what do you do? I think perhaps my breathing technique is rubbish.

Comment

I've been proper lazy of late because of work..

Been running around the woods when i can exploring my new area since moving. Very tame, very relaxed. Generally seem to do 10k in about 40-45mins without pushing hard. I remember doing it a lot quicker than that so not too impressed but i'm happy with that at the moment at least while not training.

I really want to put on some weight again, my comfortable weight is 13stone but I cant seem to get over the 11:13 mark since christmas when i lost a stone - which is not good. Im eating **** loads, drinking too much too, probably - but no matter what, cannot put on the pounds. Even tho im not training i seem to be burning more than i eat, frustrating!

Did a half marathon distance about a month ago randomly - thought why not (hadnt seen my mum for ages so thought id run to hers before i moved house). Did that in 1hour 40 (almost to the second, LOL) Was annoyed with myself because for the first 8 or so miles I was at snail pace trying to hold back, i think next time i could add a bit of heat. I have to admit the last mile my legs turned to iron, a crazy feeling!

So yes! in summary not training currently but still casually doing the odd run. Hitting the weight again in an attempt to gain mass but failing horribly. Loving running as always but taking it very easily. Should be more dedicated but love my food and drink too much. Need to put on weight
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Good article about warming up: http://www.runnersworld.com/running-...go?page=single

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            Thanks for that. I'll warm up correctly for speed sessions next time and see what I can knock out.

Comment

Good article cheers charlesr.

Comment

Quit the booze well over a week back, been caning the press ups the last few days and I feel scarily badass, maybe a bit too boisterous for my own liking, been fun at work, though, bollocking the gaffers n' stuff, totally unstoppable I was, cool but scary at the same time - normal?????

Kinda used to being more...mellow...

Comment

Do you guys not warm up then? Thats quite scary, my warmup can take up to half an hour - do a gentle 500m, then some stretches, then a 5k at various rates (all planned before hand and broken up per minute) and finally more stretching.

After ive done the exercise i do around another light effort 1k followed by more stretching.

And even after all of that i still suck compared to all of you despite training six days a week

Comment

I normally warm up for 10 minutes but haven't adjusted to the more intense training over the last few months. Thus getting injured... Gah

Comment

I tend to just do the same warm-up before races which is 1 - 1.5 miles easy pace, 5 minutes half marathon pace, and then 200m of strides. If it's just a training run then I'll take the first mile easy before ramping up to target pace.

Don't bother with stretching anymore before but always stretch afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        Do you guys not warm up then? Thats quite scary, my warmup can take up to half an hour - do a gentle 500m, then some stretches, then a 5k at various rates (all planned before hand and broken up per minute) and finally more stretching.

After ive done the exercise i do around another light effort 1k followed by more stretching.

And even after all of that i still suck compared to all of you despite training six days a week
                        I never have as I always started off slowly and gradually sped up. Now I am timing myself though and needing to start fast from the go I will be warming up.

I always cool down though.

Comment

Just checked the 2014 London Marathon payment page. The system looks like it's found me and has given me a payment verification number so it looks I'm running it again next April!

Planning to propose to the other half as well at the 800m left to go sign...

Comment

Scored a 6+ minute PB at the Cardiff Half for 1:31:09 this morning.

Last ran the Cardiff Half in 2011 and blew up horribly at mile 10 when deciding to go from 1:58 pace to 1:50 pace halfway through the race proved too much for me.

Should be in sub-90 minute shape in the spring.

Comment

Been doing a couple of mile run each day for the last week. Was getting easier but this morning waw toigh again So unfit.

Comment

Don't run more than 5 days in 7 (unless you know what you are doing). Split the recovery days (not lump).
                                Do a day where you split it into 3 bits: slow fast slow. Or slow medium fast.
                                If 2 is too tough, do a mile!
                                Do you have an HRM? If so, do a day of 2 miles at no more than 150bpm and see if that's ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X