No announcement yet.

Keep Fit Club - ALL exercise types!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Festive break is sorted by doing 26.2 miles just beforehand 3 days of extra food needed.

Comment

Charles, I would die.

Comment

Haven't really done much yer, but I went for a quick job in the Adidas I bought and they're mega comfortable - even for jogging in. Awesome purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
          Might i sugest rock climbing adam for toning? You can hit the gym, but that muscle will quickly fade i found, however all the muscle I've built through climbing has been lean, hard muscle that stays. Plus its great fun too . Combined with your running you'll stay fit as a fiddle.
          Always good pointers and tips on here. I've been following this thread as I've put on an absurd amount of weight for my size this last year. Was thinking of joining a gym (been for an induction) but I actually really like the idea of rock climbing and there's one (a converted church) quite near me. Think I'll give that a go in the new year!

I don't think I'll ever get back to the sort of shape I was in a few years ago, mind. I used to be able to do 100 push ups and just the thought of that now makes me ache.

Maybe once I've shed some weight I'll get back into them - it became quite addictive trying to beat records.

Comment

Hey Kit, if you want to shed some weight quickly to make it easy to get back into doing your routine, I've got a 9 day detox pack and a follow on 20+ weight loss pack. I'm doing 15% off if ordered in time for New Year. Many happy clients shedding loads of lbs (even in just the first 9 days), including some of my friends. If you (or anyone else) wants more info, please let me know. No quibble money back guarantee too, so nothing to lose apart from excess weight

Comment

No Parkrun PB today, despite the torrential rain, wearing a Santa hat and beard, suffering from a cold and the remnants of last night's work Xmas do... (only 4 seconds off though!)

Good luck with the marathon tomorrow, Charles!

Comment

Thanks man! Can't wait. Just back from a 2m run to check the conditions which are identical to tomorrow morning. Got to try and keep the nerves at bay - heart rate is way up

Comment

Don't let cardiac drift happen again! Looking forward to your race report in due course!

Comment

NO IDEA what the hell is wrong with my heartrate on race day - I couldn't keep my heartrate down - I did the first 2 miles at a pace that would have been 140bpm in training, but on the day it was 160+. It calmed down a bit after 6 miles, but any attempt to pick up the pace sent it too high. Excitement and adrenaline I guess. So, good news is I didn't ignore it and kept it steady at 160-163 for the first 20 miles and then sprinted the last 6. Ran past hundreds of people in the last 6.

Came 166th out of 1000 with a time of 3:38 which considering the course was 60% mudbath, I was REALLY happy with. Lots of kissing gates and tiny paths and lakes of mud to trudge through - my feet never dried out! Fantastic event.

Also saw someone run straight into a lampost at mile 2, cut a 1inch slice into his forehead, streaming with blood into his eyes and still finish. Awesome heroness.
                    Last edited by charlesr; 23-12-2012, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      Also saw someone run straight into a lampost at mile 2, cut a 1inch slice into his forehead, streaming with blood into his eyes and still finish. Awesome heroness.
                      That was an author/journalist, right? Phil Hewitt? I recenly read his marathoning book and chat with him from time to time on Twitter. An iron resolve like none I've ever known - glad he still managed to finish!

Comment

Who are you on Twitter? Follow me (gearselected)

Yeah, it was Phil. Did you read his blog: http://marathonaddictuk.wordpress.co...ss-of-runners/
                        I felt so guilty, even though it's just one of those things.

The lamposts were all down the edge and then suddenly they were on course instead, in the middle of the prom. Just as I said "Are you Phil?" He had this huge grin on his face and then... BLAM/TING

Comment

Impressive stuff, from both Charles and the lampost man!

Just want to tell people my experiences of the past 12 months. This time last year I getting a bit porky, I had broken my elbow and bruised my ribs at the end of October and hadn't done any meaningful exercise for far too long. I started back in the gym on New Years Eve and especially since Spring have made a decent effort.

I am now stronger and fitter than ever before and have lost a fair amount of weight. In fact last week I easily fit into my made to measure suit I had made for my wedding some 12 years ago.

Best of all I feel so much better in myself, went for a 4/5 mile run with the dog this morning and felt great afterwards. My advice for anyone thinking about getting into some sort of fitness regime is do it! You don't have to be supermen like Charles and Taka, although I do find their dedication mightily impressive, you will not regret it. Being fit and healthy and strong is the best present you can give yourself and best of all the more work you do the more you can get away with eating and drinking!

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
                            and best of all the more work you do the more you can get away with eating and drinking!
                            This really is the best reason
                            Well done dude. I'm constantly inspired by people that aren't fit who get fit - it's not quite as easy as staying fit once already fit.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Who are you on Twitter? Follow me (gearselected)

Yeah, it was Phil. Did you read his blog: http://marathonaddictuk.wordpress.co...ss-of-runners/
                              I felt so guilty, even though it's just one of those things.

The lamposts were all down the edge and then suddenly they were on course instead, in the middle of the prom. Just as I said "Are you Phil?" He had this huge grin on his face and then... BLAM/TING
                              Consider yourself followed, Charles!

If Phil ever does a follow up to Keep On Running, at least you'll make an appearance in the book!

Comment

Well done charlesr, fantastic result on the race

Comment

Working...
                                X