Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Try some with stirrups?
    I used to use bib tights with stirrups but now use Ron Hill runners with stirrups for cycling and running.

With all the rain haven't been out on the bike much so considering lengthening the Sunday 5k, also need to get to bed a little earlier on Saturday's so I'm fresher.
    My times are usually 23 mins average, 22 if I've had a good sleep/feeling good or later night 24 mins - been too many 24 mins recently!

Comment

Originally posted by ETC View Post
      you could get some 9" length under armor boxers and just wear normal shorts over Amazon sell them
      I need something to cover my legs. Normally I don't wear tights, but I need them in the winter for 5am rides in the park at minus a few degrees!

Try some with stirrups?
      Probably my only option, but I wonder how comfortable they'd be! Just seems bizarre that it's so hard to find tights for a skinny person with longer legs. I've never watched the Tour de France but I assumed they weren't all fat bastards

Comment

I have these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-winter-cruisers/ Perfect on cold days down to near freezing. Below 2?C, I'd wear another pair of thinner tights undernearth.

Comment

[MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION] 0 min to fall asleep! Jealous.

Comment

You could try your local Sports Direct, I got come Campri thermal tights and top a couple of years ago for about ?4 each - excellent!

Comment

How on earth does that device know when you have fallen asleep (or even when you went to bed?). Do you have to wake up and put it in manually?

Comment

You wear it and it knows you are moving from the step counter accelerometers.

Comment

[MENTION=680]Wools[/MENTION] 0 min to fall asleep! Jealous.
                  That was a one off though because it was the same week I started running again! I would have normally said it takes me 30 minutes to go to sleep and Fitbit tracking seems to suggest I take 20 - 30 minutes to drift off.

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                  How on earth does that device know when you have fallen asleep (or even when you went to bed?). Do you have to wake up and put it in manually?
                  No, you just keep wearing it and it does the rest. I think it uses the accelerometer to gauge you've stopped moving and laying horizontal that you're in bed and your heartbeat slowing to confirm you've fallen to sleep. It seems really good so far.

Comment

Alright, but what if you are lying on a couch watching a movie? Heart rate again? It seems like black magic.

Comment

Grrrrrrrr. Fell off my bike twice on black ice yesterday. First time was pretty nasty. Nothing broken, but am very sore all over, especially hip and elbow - hip has a bruise the width of my leg.... Torn gloves and tights. So now I can't run or ride and frankly I'm very grumpy but keeping a mellow face on. ^&*%&**()&

Comment

Hey Charles, have you had a chance to try out a pair of the new Adios 3's? I've been wearing Adios 2's and Adios Boost 2's exclusively for the last 3 years, though I had my first run out today with a pair of Ultra Boosts, covering 22 miles over 2 runs. ?75 from Schuh surprisingly, so given the normal ?130 price tag I thought it was worth spending Xmas money on. Not convinced they're what I'd prefer to wear come race day of my next marathon (Belfast again) but I might feel differently after a few more runs.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't run in shoes with heels now. Adios is too high at the back 6mm is about the highest I'll go and lower or flat if poss. My forefoot stance

Comment

Decided it was about time to change my brakes.

Comment

Heheheh yeah. Is that to the metal? Are your rims ok?

Comment

They were down to the metal, yes, haha. I didn't realise they'd gotten so bad but I probably should have seen the signs when I started nearly riding into the backs of stopping cars and stuff. I knew they were bad, just not that bad!

I imagine the next time I use my brakes I'm going to get quite a shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X