No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful pics as always Marty. I love nighttime shots. The restaurant reminds me of Nighthawks.

Comment

Thanks. Night shots are something I've never really done a lot of, much preferring the dawn light but as I've not been travelling about quite as much I've been trying different things. Plus the newer gear make handholding long exposures way easier with the advances image stabilisation has made.

Comment

Very nice Marty good pics as ever and very impressed with the lens.

Comment

Got some new clothes from the Nikon boutique.

Hmm not so sure though, do you think my bum would look big in this?

Comment

Very nice Marty. I’ve always loved night shots with ambience, what sort of exposure time you using?

Comment

Thanks - with the help of image stabilisation they're handheld between 1/40th and 1/100th at f/2.8 with auto ISO.

Comment

Picked up a Vuliltrox macro extension tube set the other day, using for the first time today so ill see how that goes on a few product shots. Did a few test shots on my keyboard and have to say its pretty good, i can now see just how dirty my keyboard is 🤔, but for £36 id say its a winner.

Comment

You'll need to make sure you've got some external lighting. What you'll find, depending on how many extension tubes you're using, is a fall off on exposure as adding them is effectively stopping down aperture. They work best with something around the 24-50mm focal length.

Can be a cheap way of doing some macro photography tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                    Got some new clothes from the Nikon boutique.
                    Too busy using it to post about it I guess

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      Too busy using it to post about it I guess
                      Too busy trawling through the 913 pages of the reference guide which you 'must read before using the camera' to use it to comment about it.

Quick review = it's nice.

Comment

Meh, who needs a Z9 anyway.

Comment

Love this one. Colours are lush. Don’t tell my wife I’ve been looking at saucy pics

Comment

Meh, who needs a Z9 anyway.

Aah the love of my life, just checked MPB you can get these for about a grand, handling divine, shutter release experience a thing of beauty, the buttery feel of the on-off switch, 4,000 - count-em FOUR THOUSAND shots per charge, I could go on and on.
                            Oh, and those photo's, lovely colour science and handles high ISO's really very well.

Ace.

Comment

Yeah, I do like the pro Nikon bodies. I got that one for waaay under £1K. Does have 198K clicks, but should be good for double that. The pics above tho, actually they were taken with my D850.

In other news (and no it's not an April Fools thing, it's been around for a few days now), there are rumours that Sony is about to announce a medium format camera with a possible 200 MP sensor: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/the-...ery-expensive/

There also the talk of the curved sensor again (that bubbled to the surface prior to the A1 launch), could it turn out real this time? Not sure. One thing is certain tho, a Sony medium format 200 MP cam with a curved sensor is not going to be cheap.

Comment

Looks at new pc, looks at the possible file size of a medium format 200mp camera, nope! Im out. Honestly thought thats one humongous sensor, good for taking macro shots that fill a stadium I guess, or arial shots of Russian targets from 5 miles up.

Comment

Working...
                                X