No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice Marty, can't do anything like that to save my life.

Went to the 'row' a couple of weeks ago in the hot weather;

I really like the cropping opportunities of the Z 9, I might have a bit of fun and put a couple up in the next few days;

Comment

I got something new to play with, a pretty impressive bit of kit actually, but I need to get some proper footage and learn to edit this type of video properly. I thought it'd be useful for the YouTube camera vids. I have a load of footage for these I just haven't gotten around to editing from standard video footage, so more than likely this will just add to the backlog.

Comment

Crickey, I haven't heard of this - though why should I.

These things are £600 on Amazon. Looks like a nice bit of kit.

Comment

This is the sort of stuff you can do with it.

I've finished the short and updated the link (ugh, I hate YT shorts tbh), but these seem to be channel drivers :/

Basically, the Insta360 editor (there's a mobile and desktop app) allows you to take the 360 5K/30 footage and set keyframes in the timeline, the software will then transition between the keyframes making it look like flowing shots, which are always better than statics. I can do a lot of this, just with the cam attached to my backpack.

I thought the mound of cheap compacts cameras I picked up from eBay a few years back and didn't do anything with would work as YT #shorts, but you can export to 1080P (or anything else really) as you like, then import those files into your favourite video software for further editing/grading.
          Last edited by MartyG; 04-10-2022, 12:39.

Comment

That's great, you make a better presenter than I ever would!

Comment

Impressed by the camera on the Pixel 7 Pro - throw away your dedicated macro lenses

The 30x zoom (which is digital) is inconsistent, there's definitely a lot of processing going on with it looking for certain things, but anything up to about 15x is decent (5x is max optical).

Comment

Very good Marty, even at full res look ok. I like the last shot the best, looks like a flock of birds flying over the chimney.

Comment

Couple from this morning when I was forced to walk into town in the cold. From the Olympus E-M1X, which I've really been enjoying using. The 50mm f/1.7 does have some LOCA issues tho on high contrast.

Comment

Nice as always Marty, I used to have the Nikon 85mm f1.4 and that was hellish with the green fringing wide open.

Comment

Recently got the Pixel 7 Pro. Tried out the night mode on the way home from work. Quite pleased concidering it was 3 degrees and my hands were shaking for sure.

Comment

Yeah night lode on my pixel 5 is amazing.

Comment

You need to be careful with it as if you dip into the wide or tele sensors, it quickly falls apart. On the main camera though, the Pixel 7 Pro produces some really good night shots. I've been impressed by how capable the Pixel 7 Pro is. The biggest downside of it is it has some really nasty flaring on light sources (this was the same on the 6), and macro stuff has some awful weirdness to it at the edges (again same as on the 6).

I've been using mine quite a lot.

Last edited by MartyG; 19-12-2022, 17:13.

Comment

That last one is a lovely shot.

Comment

All nice Marty, mine is the second, like the natural canopy formed by the leaves.

Comment

A shot taken at 2am from the 11th floor. Love the black mountains in the background.

Comment

Working...
                                X