No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a bit high when you can get the same from MPB for the same price with a 6-month warranty and from Wex with 12 months, but you might get lucky. Less demand for DSLRs now (Fuji XPro 1 sells for the same price and is quite a bit older, and massively overpriced on the market), so it's pushed the prices down a bit.

I had to send a lens back to Wex last week as it wasn't properly checked, shame as it was a good price and I liked the lens (was a Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art Nikon Mount). Had sticking aperture blades so kept overexposing shots when you stopped down the lens :/

I got some shots with a Ricoh GRDiii tho.

Last edited by MartyG; 02-06-2023, 22:47.

Comment

£450 sounds a surefire sell to me, £500 is still possible but it'll take a little longer to sell.
      The main problem with eBay is that most people will just read the name of the camera, the price, but ignore shutter count and body condition and will go for the cheaper option even if conditions are worse than yours.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

I’ll put it on here for £400, then I’ll stick it on eBay the next time £1 listings come around for £450.

Comment

I actually found my Nikon D40 the other day
          Probably only used it a handful of times because I realised I was terrible at it & couldn't get my head around any of the terms or techniques & just gave up

It all seemed to difficult to bother with

Neil

Comment

We were the same to be honest. I know it's a piece of cake to the guys in here, but it was so complicated and our phones gave us good enough images for us to be happy with that it was consigned to a cupboard. I'd have liked to have made better use of it, but it just required too much effort for the point and click nature of what we do photography wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              We were the same to be honest. I know it's a piece of cake to the guys in here, but it was so complicated and our phones gave us good enough images for us to be happy with that it was consigned to a cupboard. I'd have liked to have made better use of it, but it just required too much effort for the point and click nature of what we do photography wise.
              Yep that's exactly it
              Seems amazing when other people do it so thought I'd give it a try, got nowhere lol

I even did a photography course but it still didn't make it an better or easier to understand so it went away & has barely seen the light of day

I did consider trying again recently with doing toy photography since I have so much, but didn't bother trying in the end & as you say my phone works just as well for what I do now

Neil

Comment

I would keep the camera and persevere with it Colin, the D7200 is a fantastic unit for the money and outputs a good image. Going to be a long time before phone pics catch up to a decent sensor and a good bit of glass in-front of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                  Stop moaning and put the effort in, honestly kids these days 😁

Comment

Suberb little vid by Nikon;

Comment

DP Review will continue to live thanks to its acquisition by Gear Patrol.

Comment

Hmm, I can't say I've heard of Gear Patrol before, and looking at their about page I can see why. Their reach is pretty small.

If DP Review wasn't loss-making, I doubt Amazon would have dumped it, but acquiring it more than doubles Gear Patrol's page impressions.

Comment

This is just a normal shot from my office window. Nothing special but can you see the red vending machines behind the car park?

Just about, maybe. But how about now?

That photo was taken from the exact same spot using the exact same phone. It's amazing how powerful phone cameras are these days.
                          Sure, it lacks some detail but it's a phone! Amazing what we can now slide in to our pockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo
                            Amazing what we can now slide in to our pockets.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Well, 92.5% of all photos are now taken on phones

At least that study claims - that's not to say that most of that 92.5% are photos worth looking at, but it's definitely a number

It's a shame there's still such a snobby attitude to it from some circles - it's likely I take more photos on my phone day-to-day than on any of the cameras I have. Some of the photos I've posted in this thread are photos I've taken on my phone.
                              Last edited by MartyG; 28-06-2023, 20:52.

Comment

It's like people saying video is the future because it is now 90% of Internet traffic. Well obvs duh. It requires a lot more bandwidth

Comment

Working...
                                X