The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    ) that's not to say that most of that 92.5% are photos worth looking at, but it's definitely a number .
    That is quite the number. I'm surprised it's that high.
    I do think my DLSR produces cleaner images but that even though its a 4/3 camera, it is still pretty bulky. I mostly use it for video these days. These no denying that phone cameras are not to be sniffed at though.

Comment

Love your pics [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        Love your pics [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]
        Thank you. I'll try to post more.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          This is just a normal shot from my office window...

That photo was taken from the exact same spot using the exact same phone. It's amazing how powerful phone cameras are these days.
          Sure, it lacks some detail but it's a phone! Amazing what we can now slide in to our pockets.
          Nice one, yes it is but I'm still crap at taking photo's with them, daughter on the other hand is really very good.

Here is some more megapixel fun, it seems like wherever you are there is always some bugger with their phone out;

Look at the leftmost cockpit window, if you can't see it look at a 100% crop - un photoshopped;

Comment

Currently at the in-laws, (no I can't find any Jaws bombs), spent a couple of days at NRT, weather could have been a lot better;

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
              Nice one, yes it is but I'm still crap at taking photo's with them, daughter on the other hand is really very good.

Here is some more megapixel fun, it seems like wherever you are there is always some bugger with their phone out;

Look at the leftmost cockpit window, if you can't see it look at a 100% crop - un photoshopped;

Lol, bloody hell . Great shot by the way.

Comment

Currently at the in-laws, (no I can't find any Jaws bombs), spent a couple of days at NRT, weather could have been a lot better;
                Same here. Can't find those Jaws things anywhere.
                The weather has been really crappy the past week. Last Friday it was like walking in a power shower that lasted for 8 hours! Right now it's really sunny down here after pissing down all morning.

Comment

Lol, bloody hell . Great shot by the way.
                  Ta, weather wise it's been really changeable for us too, we've gone from world class thunder and lightening one day and the next cracking the flags.

Comment

Ta, weather wise it's been really changeable for us too, we've gone from world class thunder and lightening one day and the next cracking the flags.
                    Yeah, it was quite sunny today. It's meant to be pissing down from tomorrow night right in to the whole weekend.

Comment

I stopped subscribing to Adobe Photoshop years ago as I couldn't get a discount any longer, but the new generative fill might make me take up a subscription again it looks that good. I've been following the progress for a while and it seems to be getting better.

You can kind of get a similar thing with In-Paint in stable diffusion, but it's not close to the level Adobe's tool seems to manage (the tech is very similar).

I don't do very much retouching at all in my images as I try to do most of the work in the original, but sometimes it's impossible to remove cars and bins in the background cleanly.

It's definitely a dangerous tool in the wrong hands :/

Comment

Not a great photo by any means because I was using the 30x digital zoom. Last night on the way home from work I came across a bloody Huntsman spider. These things are f-ing massive. To give you an idea of this thing, the pipe hole in the wall it is next to is 15cm in diameter.
                        I practically **** my pants when I saw this and swiftly moved to the other side of the road.
                        I've been in Japan 26 years now and have seen one of these things only 6 times. Funnily enough, one was in my back garden last year. It was so big I could hear it scuttling along the floor and the sound as it scuttled up the metal fence.

Comment

My Incredibility messy PC corner

A shot from a swanky hotel the boy and I stayed at in Osaka.

Comment

That spider is like the bloody facehugger from the Alien franchise. Or something from the EDF games.

Wonder what’s in the hole?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                              That spider is like the bloody facehugger from the Alien franchise. Or something from the EDF games.

Wonder what’s in the hole?!
                              The hole was a drain hole for the garden behind it. Kind of like French drains under the garden to avoid pools when heavy rain falls.

Comment

Last night on the way home from work I came across a bloody Huntsman spider

A shot from a swanky hotel the boy and I stayed at in Osaka.
                                Not sure if I've seen a Huntsman but I have seen a few big spiders at the in-laws along with those large centipedes that bite too, the area is quite rural so we have lots of wild stuff particularly in the fields, I used to help with the rice harvest and the cranes loved to come down into the field after it's been harvested.
                                The evenings sound like you're in the amazon with all the nocturnal stuff kicking off whilst during the day the cicadas are at it non-stop.
                                Then of course you have the Asian Tiger Mozzies, I came back with my usual collection of bites itching like mad.

The hotel looks very nice indeed, KIX is our entry point into Japan and we love Osaka!

During my trip to NRT I didn't stay in anything quite as swish, I hired a bike to make things easier but yes I lived in a sea container for a couple of days;

Comment

Working...
                                X