No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be some variety of shield bug, also sometimes called stink bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
      Very good, is that one of those stink bugs?
      Nah, these ones don't stink. The stink ones are black with white speckles.
      I had one of those stink bugs fart it's spray on me about 20 years ago. No matter how many times I washed the shirt, it still smelt like crap. I had to throw it away.

Comment

A new day and a new camera release from Sony, the A9 III

What's special about this one? It has a global shutter ...

Comment

Global shutter is great, be interested to see how it does at higher ISO's, I'm obviously biased but still prefer a Nikon or a Canon though.

Comment

I upgraded my Sony, sadly not to one with a global shutter though - I shall properly check it out later, but first impressions are it's impressive and a pretty big upgrade over the A7RII, especially in the battery and ergonomics area.

Comment

Visited a fancy hotel last Saturday that featured a nice garden

Sadly the crappy construction in the background ruined the shot, so time for some Pixel magic. Took out the two guys as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                I upgraded my Sony, sadly not to one with a global shutter though - I shall properly check it out later, but first impressions are it's impressive and a pretty big upgrade over the A7RII, especially in the battery and ergonomics area.
                Nice one Marty, I know I bang on about battery life but it can be a lifesaver, hope you like it.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                time for some Pixel magic. Took out the two guys as well.
                Oi!, that's cheating!

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                  Nice one Marty, I know I bang on about battery life but it can be a lifesaver, hope you like it.

Oi!, that's cheating!
                  Lol, it is cheating but if you look closely you can see a pair of feet of the furthest away guy in the background.
                  Oh wait, I should post this image in the Ghost Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Lol, it is cheating but if you look closely you can see a pair of feet of the furthest away guy in the background.
                    Oh wait, I should post this image in the Ghost Thread
                    Haha, I had to go into reply mode to see the pics at full size, classic!

Comment

I've been able to try the cam out, but the shots I got weren't particularly interesting, however, the A7RiV is superb - detail levels, ISO performance, dynamic range, focus and focus tracking are all seriously brilliant - I could probably live with just this camera. I think it's probably better than the D850.

Comment

Anyone read up on the Sony Alpha 9 III with the global shutter? That’s going to be the new goto for sports photographers. Hopefully that tech will filter down to smaller cheaper cameras. RX100 Mk8 with that please.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                          Anyone read up on the Sony Alpha 9 III with the global shutter?
                          https://bordersdown.net/threads/1161...=1#post2487876

It's going to take a while to reach consumer cams, given the current costs, but the tech is good - there are downsides, dynamic range and ISO are impacted in the negative, so it's not a solution to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            I've been able to try the cam out, but the shots I got weren't particularly interesting, however, the A7RiV is superb - detail levels, ISO performance, dynamic range, focus and focus tracking are all seriously brilliant - I could probably live with just this camera. I think it's probably better than the D850.
                            Pictures look fine to me, glad you like it.

However you surviving with one camera is like Henry VIII having just one wife.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            Anyone read up on the Sony Alpha 9 III with the global shutter? That’s going to be the new goto for sports photographers. Hopefully that tech will filter down to smaller cheaper cameras. RX100 Mk8 with that please.
                            I was decidedly against going mirrorless in a flagship body as I do action and was worried about not having a global shutter but for me it's been nothing to worry about, a global shutter will be standard in a few years but as Marty says there are issues. Sports photographers want the dynamic range and ISO performance.

Comment

We had a full moon last night with some quality classic horror movie could. Thought I'd grab a few shots on the phone while waiting for the train.

Last edited by Yakumo; 28-11-2023, 22:07.

Comment

Nice shots young Mr Y, that second one is really atmospheric.

Comment

Working...
                                X