No announcement yet.

The Photography Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. The point is it uses contrast detection for auto focus so there's no chance of it being off. Phase detect only has one advantage that I can see in that it'll never start to focus in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
      Yep. The point is it uses contrast detection for auto focus so there's no chance of it being off. Phase detect only has one advantage that I can see in that it'll never start to focus in the wrong direction.
      Indeed but that's why we also have tap to focus on modern cameras. I know the hard core users don't like the touch screen but I see no reason not to use it when it can be to an advantage. I take photos the good old way of looking through the view finder and with the touch screen.

Here's a few I took in the last few days.

Smile, you're on camera x2 by Yakum01975, on Flickr

look where you walk by Yakum01975, on Flickr

old biker by Yakum01975, on Flickr

6th birthday- coffee by Yakum01975, on Flickr

Comment

Touch to focus is brilliant. I miss not having it on my GH1

Comment

Manplan. I've ordered the Lumix GX1 with 14-42 power OIS Z lens. I persuaded Lucy by saying there was a silver one.

American sourced with address and phone in the UK But for the price (which includes import tax), it's a no brainer.

They phoned me today to verify my order and persuade me to buy an extra (5hr) Panasonic battery for ?30 (which I did) and to tell me they were going to include a 4GB ultra speed card instead of the normal 2GB slow starter pack one. They didn't ask me to get the 3yr warranty which surprised me.

Anyone got any idea of good camera case for this size camera?

Comment

Good going Charles - make sure you get some pics up once you've been out shooting with it

Comment

I've never seen the GX series of cameras? Where does it sit in the G range? I'm guessing it is between the GF and the GH series? Good call on the faster SD card. I'm using a normal (grade 6) SD card in my GH2 but really need a high speed grade 10. Waiting to view what I just took is a pain in the arse at times.

Comment

You know how the gf3 is a bit crippled? Imagine if it wasn't. That's the gx

Comment

Hmmm took a few more shots on the d7000 yesterday, and everything just clicked with it, started getting pin sharp results, properly in focus and pretty happy with that. Don't know whether it was my fiddling with the fine settings, or me just getting used to it, or it magically just started working for whatever reason. Very strange, but happy its focusing properly now.

smiley.jpg by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Very appropriate smiley face

Comment

Something I did for a local photography group on facebook:

Comment

Instead of the same old sakura (Cherry Blossom) shots I decided to do night time shots this year. Not easy due to next to no light but I did manage to get a few nice ones.

Comment

Excellent series of shots :-)

Comment

Wow, that third one down is absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Thanks guys. The park is only 3 minutes walk from my front door so access is very easy. I took a video too which I'm now editing. If I have enough footage worth while I'll upload it on to YouTube.

Comment

Some great shots as always Yakumo , Japan is so great for photography, theres so much variation everywhere, even in the citys. Wish i lived somewhere more interesting, not to bad living here but photography wise its dull as dishwater where i am. Think a trip to wales is going to be in order soon, give the d7000 a proper work out.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-03-2013, 15:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X